Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America - denied Cash Rewards 123

tag
HappySoda
Valued Member

Bank of America - denied Cash Rewards 123

Decided to apply for the Cash Rewards card and was declined. I have 7 inquiries and 3 recent cards reporting. Woman on the phone stated that she would like to see how I do with my new credit. Oldest acct is JCPenney 8 years. I guess they were spooked by the new accts I just opened. I should have apped with BOFA first. Oh well, lesson learned.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Bank of America - denied Cash Rewards 123

Sorry to hear....

Did you already recon?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 4
HappySoda
Valued Member

Yeah they told me to try again in the future after I prove myself with their other cards.

Message 3 of 4
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

@HappySoda wrote:

Decided to apply for the Cash Rewards card and was declined. I have 7 inquiries and 3 recent cards reporting. Woman on the phone stated that she would like to see how I do with my new credit. Oldest acct is JCPenney 8 years. I guess they were spooked by the new accts I just opened. I should have apped with BOFA first. Oh well, lesson learned.

Try again after your 3 new accounts hit their 6 month mark. Keep your overall util low. BofA can be flexilbe if you give them something to work with. I got my first card with them on recon and they've been nothing but good to me since.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.