Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America extra cash back offer

tag
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Bank of America extra cash back offer

I got some interesting mail today from BoA. I had their Accelerated Cash Rewards Amex before I consolidated the line with my Fidelity card. However, I'm still getting letters about my account even though it supposed to be closed. I'm emailing the executive office about it, just to make sure its taken care of.

Anyways the letter said,

Dear Adam "grinlikechelsea,"

Activate your offer to earn 5% cash back (up to $25) on qualifying airfare, hotel, travel agency, car rental, and cruise purchases made with your Bank of America Rewards American Express Card through March 31, 2014.

Visit bankofamerica.com/easyrewards and use registration code: xxxxxxxxxx

We appreciate your business. Thank you for choosing Bank of America.

Quite a nice surprise even though I can't use it. Anyone else gotten one of these?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America extra cash back offer

Yup I got it last month

Message 2 of 5
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

This is a sign.... you COULD be getting 5% back on that valet parking charge.....

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

An item to keep in mind, the reward offers come from a separate department that has the account linked, nothing more.  Sometimes it takes a while to cross-reference the information before those offers finally stop.  Pretty normal for some banks to have these linger for sometime - it doesn't mean the account is open.  For peace of mind or  kicks and giggles just check your online information or contact them to make sure the account is closed.  But escalating to the EO is a little overkill.

Message 4 of 5
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

An item to keep in mind, the reward offers come from a separate department that has the account linked, nothing more.  Sometimes it takes a while to cross-reference the information before those offers finally stop.  Pretty normal for some banks to have these linger for sometime - it doesn't mean the account is open.  For peace of mind or  kicks and giggles just check your online information or contact them to make sure the account is closed.  But escalating to the EO is a little overkill.

Some truth to that. I suppose I'm just so used to emailing the EO about my account because BoA has been a PITA for awhile haha.

No worries, I haven't sent an email yet. I'll call and see what's up.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.