Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America login 2-step verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America login 2-step verification

Anyone who has the 2 step authentication set up with BofA online having problems logging in?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America login 2-step verification

Was just informed by a branch manager that there has been a massive hack.

All credit apps for personal/business are down.

No withdraws allowed at ATM or in branch.  Transfers are not allowed.  Basically your money is frozen.

I called the credit analyst number since the tech support says 2 hour phone wait and she said the same thing.  All functions are frozen.  She said none of the departments can look at anything even someone's savings account.

Message 2 of 13
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I've been trying to log in into my BoA online account for a couple hours now. I called in the phone # given for online login help and when told the wait time was 30 minutes I hung up. Checked my Google News feed and yeah, apparent nationwide BoA system down, no access to online banking from computer or mobile app, branches are very limited in what they can do. No mention of a 'massive hack', but also no other explanation given.

Message 3 of 13
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

FullSizeRender.jpg

Message 4 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah i got this this morning . 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good thing I don't have any bills due today or need to withdraw any money, then! That being said, I logged in to my checking account just now and didn't have any problems, nor did I notice anything out of the ordinary (no unexpected transactions, etc.) It might be wise for BoA holders who can get into their accounts to change their passwords, just to be safe...

Message 6 of 13
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Everything seems to be working for me.
What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up. I just logged into my accounts and every thing seems to be working okay.

Message 8 of 13
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

I suppose that explains why the login was playing hide and seek.  Once I found a login, nothing seemed peculiar after that.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I logged into my account this morning via iPhone and everything looks fine. Any word yet as to why it happened?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.