Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America pledges halt on card rate hikes

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America pledges halt on card rate hikes

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
It is the number you have to call when you request a CLI and are not immediately rejected. Goes directly to the credit analysts. Eventually it will get burned like all the good phone numbers.

Darn!! I wish I had known that was the number for CLI's too.  I would have slipped in a CLI request while I had them on the phone. Should I call back or wait until I receive the new card? 

Message 21 of 32
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Call back and say you just did the PC and want to know if a CLI is possible, too.

Just remember who you are calling and that there is a 50/50 chance that the person on the other end of the phone won't be nice to you.

Message 22 of 32
DI
Super Contributor

Call back and say you just did the PC and want to know if a CLI is possible, too.

Just remember who you are calling and that there is a 50/50 chance that the person on the other end of the phone won't be nice to you.

Ok.  The card one has a limit of $5000. I called to reduced it to $500.  When I called to request it reopened I was only given a $2000 limit.  Can I asked the analyst to restore my limit back to $5000?

Message Edited by DI on 10-07-2009 11:41 AM
Message 23 of 32
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

Ok.  The card one has a limit of $5000. I called to reduced it to $500.  When I called to request it reopened I was only given a $2000 limit.  Can I asked the analyst to restore my limit back to $5000?

Do you have a luv button or not?

Message 24 of 32
DI
Super Contributor

@DI wrote:

no luv button

Message 25 of 32
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

DI wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

DI wrote:

OkThe card one has a limit of $5000. I called to reduced it to $500When I called to request it reopened I was only given a $2000 limitCan I asked the analyst to restore my limit back to $5000?

no luv button

If you are interested in pursuing a CLI you should call that number, explain to them exactly what you explained here and ask them what, if any, CLI is available to you without a hard INQ. Just be prepared for the answer to come back none. If that happens you will have to gracefully extricate yourself from the call ASAP.

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess I'm confused or slow and dont understand the above cuz BofA raised my APR from 15.99% to 24.99% on my Accelerated AMEX.

BoA has been working overtime the past several months cutting credit limits and raising interest rates, I figure at this point they don't have many more accounts they can hack so they can now issue a BS statement like that and try to come across looking like a good guy,,,  That isn't happening in my household either, BoA cut my DW limit from 44-k to 7 and they cut my CL from 13,000 to 3,500 last month,,, at least I have a sub-20% interest rate at 19.99,

Message 27 of 32
DI
Super Contributor

DI wrote:

DI wrote:

OkThe card one has a limit of $5000. I called to reduced it to $500When I called to request it reopened I was only given a $2000 limitCan I asked the analyst to restore my limit back to $5000?

no luv button

If you are interested in pursuing a CLI you should call that number, explain to them exactly what you explained here and ask them what, if any, CLI is available to you without a hard INQ. Just be prepared for the answer to come back none. If that happens you will have to gracefully extricate yourself from the call ASAP.

That was the outcome.  LOLSmiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 32
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

For some reason your card is flagged for no CLI's. Hopefully that is only for right now.

Regarding your PC:

1) The World Points feature has not been added to your card until you see a tab for it when you call up the account online. It doesn't happen right away and don't expect your purchases to accumulate WP until you see the tab, and

2) BofA changes account numbers and issues new plastic on PC's. This is done at the end of your current billing period. If you have auto payments going to the old account number it will still work for awhile. I have no idea how long awhile is.

Message 29 of 32
DI
Super Contributor

For some reason your card is flagged for no CLI's. Hopefully that is only for right now.

Regarding your PC:

1) The World Points feature has not been added to your card until you see a tab for it when you call up the account online. It doesn't happen right away and don't expect your purchases to accumulate WP until you see the tab, and

2) BofA changes account numbers and issues new plastic on PC's. This is done at the end of your current billing period. If you have auto payments going to the old account number it will still work for awhile. I have no idea how long awhile is.

Thanks for the info.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.