cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America product change experience, Visa Signature vs Platinum Plus benefit differences

tag
tkshk
Established Member

Bank of America product change experience, Visa Signature vs Platinum Plus benefit differences

I'd like to share my recent PC experiences. I had two ancient BOA credit cards that were issued in 2004 - Platinum Priority Visa and Platinum Plus. I had them converted separately, so I called the customer support twice. Both times reps did PC smoothly. The changes were reflected online in one week, and new cards were shipped right after that. Probably this was my first time to call BOA customer support since I got the cards 18 years ago. I'm pretty impressed by their performance.

I received the following two new cards:

Platinum Priority Visa ---> Travel Rewards Visa Signature
Platinum Plus ---> Customized Cash Rewards Visa Platinum Plus

FYI, Signature and Platinum Plus shared the following benefits:

Purchase Security, Extended Protection, Travel and Emergency Assistance Services, Roadside Dispatch Program

And, Visa Signature additionally provides Auto Rental CDW and Lost Luggage Reimbursement.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of America product change experience, Visa Signature vs Platinum Plus benefit differences

I PCd an old BankAmericard MC years ago to Cash Rewards, and got the CR as a MC instead of a Visa. CSR could not have been more nice and accommodating. Time-wise, about the same experience as you. 

Message 2 of 4
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of America product change experience, Visa Signature vs Platinum Plus benefit differences

Yeah bofa is pretty flexible about product changes I ended up product changing an alaska card to the customized cash and the only reason was I wasn't happy about the alaska companion expiration date is tied to when you open the card. This allowed me to reopen the alaska card near the end of the year and get another bonus

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 3 of 4
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@tkshk wrote:

...I called the customer support twice. Both times reps did PC smoothly. The changes were reflected online in one week, and new cards were shipped right after that. Probably this was my first time to call BOA customer support since I got the cards 18 years ago. I'm pretty impressed by their performance.

Anyone who's read my posts knows I'm a big BofA cheerleader, so of course I'll chime in! Smiley Happy  I've had MANY opportunities to call BofA during my 32 years with them, and also to go in person to my local branches. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

I'm not at all surprised by the experiences you had with CSRs on the phone. When I was hospitalized, BofA CSRs bent over backward to help me out with issues that normally require an in-person visit. That just sealed my already-great opinion of their customer service. Unlike some other banks, they know how to do it right!

Congratulations on your nice PCs, too. I'm very happy with my CCR card and want to suggest checking its 1/2/3% categories often. I usually don't pay much attention to that, but I did recently and I'm very glad I did. By changing my default (3%) category to 'home improvement' I got a bundle back on purchases made for my renovation project, especially when my customer relationship bonus was added. Be sure to check its categories before making a large purchase--you may be pleasantly surprised!

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.