Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America secured credit card

tag
razzy116
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America secured credit card

I called BOA to get my card unsecured they put another request in to get the card unsecured, the last request i put in was August 2020 and the letter said it was opened less than 5 months, i opened it in April 2020, should know 5 to 7 days. Thank you and be safe.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 31
razzy116
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America credit card limit increase

@AllZero wrote:

Is it secured or did you graduate to unsecured?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Bank-of-America-secured-credit-card/m-p/6134779

It is secured, i put a request in August 2020 and the letter said it has been opened less than 5 months, i opened it in April 2020 so i put another request on Sept 2020, i should have it graduated its been 5 months now.

Message 22 of 31
razzy116
Established Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

From a timing aspect, you're eligible...but does the "Request Credit Line Increase" link show up online when you look at your account?

That's typically their indicator of "try your luck it might work out" 

If the link does not exist, you will be told no

If the link does exist, they will go off a previous SP to make their decision.

The credit line increase button shows up online.

Message 23 of 31
razzy116
Established Contributor

I pulled the trigger for a credit line increase, got the 7 to 10 days review, asked for 800 credit limit. Thank you and be safe.

Message 24 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@razzy116 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Is it secured or did you graduate to unsecured?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Bank-of-America-secured-credit-card/m-p/6134779

It is secured, i put a request in August 2020 and the letter said it has been opened less than 5 months, i opened it in April 2020 so i put another request on Sept 2020, i should have it graduated its been 5 months now.

If you are seeing improvements in your credit profile, then that would be the time to ask for early graduation. If denied, you can ask every following month until approved for early graduation. If your credit profile has not improved, then that would not be the time to ask.

Message 25 of 31
razzy116
Established Contributor

I got 2 letters back, 1 is to get the secured to unsecured and the other one is for a limit increase, they were both denied and said to many inquiries, has this ever happened to anyone.

Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@razzy116 wrote:

I got 2 letters back, 1 is to get the secured to unsecured and the other one is for a limit increase, they were both denied and said to many inquiries, has this ever happened to anyone.

No.  You're the first to ever be denied for any credit related matters due to inquiries.  Thank you and be safe.

Message 27 of 31
razzy116
Established Contributor

The letter i got in August 2020 said the card has been opened less than 5 months, the letter i got in september 2020 says to many inquiries.

Message 28 of 31
razzy116
Established Contributor

I don"t know if i asked this before, i have a checking and savings account, do you think that i go into the bank i would have better luck getting the card unsecured? Thank you and be safe.

Message 29 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@razzy116 wrote:

I don"t know if i asked this before, i have a checking and savings account, do you think that i go into the bank i would have better luck getting the card unsecured? Thank you and be safe.

Unfortunately, in branch may not yield any different results. System probably will dictate outcome.

If you are seeing improvements in your credit profile, then that would be the time to ask for early graduation. If denied, you can ask every following month until approved for early graduation.

If your credit profile has not improved, then that would not be the time to ask.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.