cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America signed our divorce papers today.

tag
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America signed our divorce papers today.

@Anonymous wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

SO as you can see in the subject line, I divorced Bank of America and Merrill Lynch today for good. I took AA on them due to the poor service I have been receiving the past few years. Ive been a BofA customer for 10 years and the service used to be 2nd to none.

Due to Merrill being part of BofA they were too divorced and told to kick rocks. Guilty by association even though they were good to me. They were kinda like the getaway driver for BofA of an armed robbery gone wrong.

Now 100% of my banking is with PenFed, USAA & NFCU. USAA has been great to me for over 15 years and I am working on building relationships with PenFed and NFCU

I FINALLY FEEL RELAXED FOR ONCE WITH MY FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS. The BofA reps werent happy and tried to pry into my personal business as usual to see where I was going, but as most of you say "No Dice" for them. BofA losers need to take a hike.

Good for you! I banked with BoA and left because of their crappy service, not only on the phone, but also in the branch. I went to Chase and they are no better. I ended up moving all of my banking to RBFCU this week. I've had them since 2013 (extra account for cashback) and their service has always been outstanding.

im glad to hear you left the big banks. I am strictly CU form this day forward. I looked at RBFCU and decided to possibly join them when and if I ever get moved to Texas. How so you like them?

There are several reasons I like them:

- Chat available through online banking (7am-7pm CST).

- Checks clear instantly. In case of a hold, I can get on chat and have the funds released immediately.

- Free checks (I don't use them much, but they are free)

- Apple Pay support.

- Lending staff is super friendly, not scary like Barclays or Chase.

- One HP can be used for mutilple product applications.

- Opening extra deposit accounts does not require a HP.

- Branch opens on Saturdays until 5pm.

Message 11 of 26
NRB525
Super Contributor

I have 2 basic cards with BofA, each now more than 11 years. Both had large balances leading up to the credit crisis, both cards were balance chased.

Neither card had terms changed, and the APR is fixed 7.9% and 11.25%. Chase and Citi also did balance chasing, and also closed cards and changed terms. So I plan on keeping both BofA cards active indefinitely.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I divorced BOA on 5.23. After banking with them for over 26 years.

WOW that is one hell of a commitment. Did you get all misty eyed when you filed? I was happy as a pig in **bleep**.

No misty. I am now happily doing business with a regional bank that actually gives a crap about their customers.

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP! About 15 years ago my husband and I tried to open a checking account with them. They said we weren't allowed unless we also opened a savings account and were making regular deposits into it. I don't know if they just saw a young married couple and didn't trust us or what. But Ive never been spoken to in such a rude, condescending way in my life. We got up and left and vowed never to do business with BoA.
Message 14 of 26
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow! I've been with Bank of America for 20 years. It's all I ever knew. I want to uproot and leave them.. But have yet found a bank beside Schwab.
I want a local bank I can walk in to. I've been thinking about Chase.

It's a good time to test drive Chase Checking. They are offering $300 if you auto deposit and keep it for 6 months with the approval code.  I signed up yesterday, but didn't close my BofA which I've had for over 25 years.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Chase-Total-Checking-offer/td-p/4625791

Message 15 of 26
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your divorce LOL
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you are pleased with your decision. I love credit unions and have thought about moving my bank accounts at some point. 

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Now 100% of my banking is with PenFed, USAA & NFCU.

Now that's how a grown up banks!!!    Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 26
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!! I divorced BoA earlier this year and don't miss them.
Message 19 of 26
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your final decree of divorce!! I have had two vehicle loans with BofA and paid both off. They were always the lowest interest rate I could get when I would shop around. The first time I used them I shopped around and got a 2.99%, after I paid it off I reused them and got 1.99%. Now I just use there cash rewards card. I have never had a problem with them but have never used them for checking or savings. All my assets including checking & savings are with PenFed, these guys are hard to beat!! Oh, and if a csr ever asked me who I'm going with I never hesitate to tell them PenFed, i also ask them if they would like a run down of why.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.