Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of The West Balance Transfer Letter Typos

tag
cj3000
New Visitor

Bank of The West Balance Transfer Letter Typos

This is just weird. Was needing a balance transfer and got approved for a $3k BotW card. Did a transfer and then got a letter in the mail with not only my 4 digit account with them wrong, but also the account im sending the balance transfer to wrong.

For example if my last 4 BotW numbers were 1234, the letter I received said my account was 1235. And for the balance transfer account the first couple numbers were right and the last few were right but in between were literally 7 zeros.

It doesn't instill much confidence if I'm getting these kind of critical typos.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of The West Balance Transfer Letter Typos

Contact them to get the correct version. It makes a lot of difference, if e.g. putting 3 additional zero at the end of any bill or salary. It can upshift a person to the millionaire or billionaire tier Smiley Happy

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 2 of 7
ghgirll40
New Contributor

Wow that is really unacceptable from any financial institution. I would definitely call them.

|EX 736|TU 722|EQ 718| NFCU Platinum Visa Signature |
Message 3 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@cj3000 wrote:

This is just weird. Was needing a balance transfer and got approved for a $3k BotW card. Did a transfer and then got a letter in the mail with not only my 4 digit account with them wrong, but also the account im sending the balance transfer to wrong.

For example if my last 4 BotW numbers were 1234, the letter I received said my account was 1235. And for the balance transfer account the first couple numbers were right and the last few were right but in between were literally 7 zeros.

Did your balance transfer post correctly? 

Message 4 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@cj3000 wrote:

Did your balance transfer post correctly? 

Right, that was my first question, not so much "typos" as "was the right thing done"!  I would be slightly more concerned about your account number being wrong, the 7 0's seems much more like deliberate masking (should have used Xs).

Message 5 of 7
cj3000
New Visitor

Called this morning and they said this balance transfer was cancelled. haha how incompetent.

I am super careful about balance transfers for this exact reason. I triple check my transfers before doing them. I even take screenshots of them before I click submit.

Message 6 of 7
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

This does not surprise me one bit about BOTW. Twice I opened accounts there. Twice they messed up the transfer from my other bank. And then, 45 minutes on hold each time I had to call them.

BMO Harris has their work cut out for themselves with that bunch.

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.