Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of america CC question and Citi Pre approval question

tag
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank of america CC question and Citi Pre approval question

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:
Did you ever check you online boa account for pre-approval on a card under the offer tab ?

Join Penfed and after you join , app the Promise card.

Then head over to chase site and do their pre-qualifier and get a freedom card.

Then go to Citi and grab a double cash. (Click my name and go to my thread from last week that shows you how to get the Double Cash for 0% for 15 months )
And there you have it !!!

Thanks for the reply. I only plan to app for one card. Dont want to crash my aaoa and credit score to much. 3 new cards would probably drop it a lot wouldnt  it  ? Now with pen fed can anyone join them and should you be a member before applying for a credit card ?

Starting Fico scores 6/29/1013
Experian 584 / Equifax 639 / TransUnion 598
Message 11 of 21
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Yes anyone can join. Just a small donation gets you membership. Join then app the products you would like. And no those few cards want tank your AAOA like THAT ...I would just request a credit li.it increase on my current card. Ask for $20k. And also ask for a APR reduction thru csr and also ask about upgrading you card.

I would definitely go after everything I listed in previous message. But of course your choice .
Message 12 of 21
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:
Yes anyone can join. Just a small donation gets you membership. Join then app the products you would like. And no those few cards want tank your AAOA like THAT ...I would just request a credit li.it increase on my current card. Ask for $20k. And also ask for a APR reduction thru csr and also ask about upgrading you card.

I would definitely go after everything I listed in previous message. But of course your choice .

I just went to Bank Of America and checked and i dont have any offers showing so I did the pre qualify thing and they recommend the cash rewards card. Didnt say nothing about prequalified though. Just said recommend. Is that how they word their pre qualify offers on their site ?

Not sure if I want to mess with bank of america though because I have been with them 3 years all most and not got a single credit increase. They are the worst CC I have right now.  Is PenFed membership quick process ? I may give them a shot.  The one i'm leaning teh most toward is citi since they say i'm pre qualified for all the cards i checked out. Wonder they if they would give me a decent limit of at least $5000 ?

Message 13 of 21
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

BOA pre-qualified thing is for entertainment purposes only. Not solid. Yes penfed will take you 15 mins from start to finish and is very simple. I think your approvals will be extra nice !!! Look over penfed CC and see which is good for you and the same with citi.... if your wanting citi double cash. Read my thread about it from last week. Click my name and find it. " citi double cash 0% 15 months is still alive "

I say give things a shot and let us all kinds of how it goes ..
Message 14 of 21
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

Another card I was thinking about is the Amex everyday card but their site shows nothing for me. Which chase does also but they send me offers in the mail all the time.

Do you all think I would have a good chance of getting the Amex every days cash back card ? Creditchecktotal shows my EXP as 712. I think that is fico 08 they provide. Any thoughts ?

Message 15 of 21
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

You replied right when i was making another post. Please check that pist also. Thanks for teh advice man..I will go give penfed a look and try and decide on which I want to go with.

Message 16 of 21
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Check your inbox @ Workinprogress
Message 17 of 21
Namaste7
Established Contributor

BofA will HP if you log in to your account too many times Smiley Very Happy. J/K

The only data points for SPs from BofA is for the secured CCs that are reviewed for graduation to an unsecured product. 

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 18 of 21
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

I just pull the trigger on the city simplicity card and was instant approved for $2400. Not the limit I was hoping for. Do you think they wil reckon on that limit ?

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm with you on that one.  You cannot get a cli without a hp.  I have 2 of them.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.