Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of america account closed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of america account closed

Looks like bank of america closed my account. Not a big loss for me since I have others I like more. The weird part is it closed right after I added the wife as an authorized user(same day). They called it irregular behavior or something like that. 

I think the real reason is they wanted to close some accounts and mine was prob one of their least profitable accounts. 

Figured i would share just in case the authorized reason was really what did it. Others may want to hold off for now with adding users to their accounts especially on a card/bank you really like or really want to keep 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of america account closed

Sorry to hear BoA has closed your account. Hopefully other lenders don't continue the trend. 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 2 of 16
thornback
Senior Contributor

Second post on this topic that i've seen...so far.  Granted, the other poster added more than one AU but still - appears the adding of an AU may be the flag...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Bank-of-America-closed-my-credit-card-accounts-after-a...

Sorry this happened, OP, but thanks for sharing.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 16
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They called it irregular behavior or something like that. 

Ugh!  So sorry to read this....even though They stated that^^^ as a reason do you think it has anything to do with the Synchrony closures?  Banks see those and will react with a quickness.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 16
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ugh!  So sorry to read this....even though They stated that^^^ as a reason do you think it has anything to do with the Synchrony closures?  Banks see those and will react with a quickness.

OP, Isn't this the fourth or fifth lender to take AA against you? 

Message 5 of 16
GApeachy
Super Contributor

If your AA's are starting to be a reaction from a past reaction, now is the time to put a plan together to try and stem off any more AA's. 

What do you have open and the balances?  Maybe, not saying that AA is due to past AA's, if you can list what's going on with your profile the seasoned experts around here can advise you to help you from further AA, I hope.  So, so sorry this is happening and so appreciate your postings and heads-up in the matter.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, Isn't this the fourth or fifth lender to take AA against you? 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Issuers-that-have-canceled-on-me-ones-that-haven-t/m-p/5975398

Unfortunately looks like the AA domino effect. 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not believe adding an AU has anything to do with it, how is that even considered irregular behavior. Smiley Indifferent

I agreew ith others though, I'd find out why AA is happening with so mnay lenders and try to stop it before it causes an avalanche.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for your closure.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah and I think the big factor is high credit lines. Spoke with a chase analyst today and in my case high lines on other creditors worried them even though I owed 5k total on all cards with over 300k in credit lines before it all started 

The good news is I was able to get chase to reopen mine but with a much lower limit (1k) but I'll take it. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.