Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of america account closed

tag
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of america account closed

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah and I think the big factor is high credit lines. Spoke with a chase analyst today and in my case high lines on other creditors worried them even though I owed 5k total on all cards with over 300k in credit lines before it all started 

The good news is I was able to get chase to reopen mine but with a much lower limit (1k) but I'll take it. 

Sadly lenders are just not willing to take the risk with everything going on. They've been burned by too many people so they're looking for any excuse to lower these large limits. Sorry this happened to you, but with the limits you have I know you will be alright. Just have to weather the storm until you're back on the other side. 

Message 11 of 16
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like bank of america closed my account. Not a big loss for me since I have others I like more. The weird part is it closed right after I added the wife as an authorized user(same day). They called it irregular behavior or something like that. 

I think the real reason is they wanted to close some accounts and mine was prob one of their least profitable accounts. 

Figured i would share just in case the authorized reason was really what did it. Others may want to hold off for now with adding users to their accounts especially on a card/bank you really like or really want to keep 

Was it a CC or a checking account? If latter, why add wife as an AU instead of a joint owner?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 16
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Edit - Nvm

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was card. So far I've gotten both chase and bank of America to reopen after I called them 

Message 14 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Sorry about your losing yor BoA account

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 15 of 16
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It was card. So far I've gotten both chase and bank of America to reopen after I called them 

That's good that you were able to get them back opened. Just goes to show that persistence pays off. Now don't do anything to scare them going forward at least until this pandemic is over lol.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.