Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of america card

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of america card

I dont think i am opted out due to the fact i have received pre-approvals in the mail and I dont remember opting out of anything. Is there a number that anyone knows of to see if i am opted out and how do i opt back in?

@smallfry wrote:

@oracles wrote:

Thanks CA and southern,

I tried the pre-approval site but i dont if it works or something else but i didn't receive any offers.  I read on here some people have tried to use this site and it did not work. I have middle 700's score, no baddies and 5 year AA of A. I do have a Worldperks card with 20k limit, i was looking for another one to help with util% for the future just in case.

I dont know anymore lmao

You must be opted out. 

Thanks
Message 11 of 23
score_building
Senior Contributor

Below post from Cheddar includes the opt/in or out link: 

Cheddar wrote:

"You can't find out if you're opted out or opted in, but if you're already opted in and don't know it, it won't hurt to opt in again.

You can opt in at the same site you use to opt out."

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 23
oracles
Valued Contributor

Thanks score

Does anyone else have any suggestions on a B of A card?

Message Edited by oracles on 01-06-2009 12:00 PM
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the platinum plus visa since 2001. I started with an initial CL of 6K, and now have 23,800 woth of available credit. Customer service is great, and they give CLI's out like Candy.
Message 14 of 23
Equinox
New Contributor

I would've also suggested the Bank of America pre approval page. When I went ahead and applied last month the pre offers said that i would get 2k, and that's what I got when I was approved. I'm assuming you used this link for the preapprovals?
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you already have a 20k limit card with them, they might give you a new card by shifting some of that credit limit to the new accout, especially if you had a recent CLI. i.e, they might lower your current limit on the existing card to 15k, and give 5k to the new account. They do consider overall available credit to a cardholder since they make it very easy to shift credit limits between accounts. Chances of getting additional CL is higher if you hadn't had CLI for a while and your income is higher than before or if your DTI is lower than before. I haven't heard BoA going crazy with CLD's like AMEX, but they may well have become conservative in issuing high CL. If you don't have a Citi card, my suggestion is to try applying to them. My son got CLI's on both of his Citi cards, and when I went on a application frenzy in the last two months, they gave me the highest limit and were the only one to give me an instant approval. I wouldn't expect to get something like 20k limit right away on a new account though, unless your income is high enough.
Message 16 of 23
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Equinox wrote:
I would've also suggested the Bank of America pre approval page. When I went ahead and applied last month the pre offers said that i would get 2k, and that's what I got when I was approved. I'm assuming you used this link for the preapprovals?

Thanks, actually i did but i think i might have opted out at one time or another and it did not give me anything.
Message 17 of 23
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Maybe address doesn't match perfectly if all they offer is the secured card. Check your reports. They did at least off that didn't they?
Message 18 of 23
score_building
Senior Contributor

oracles, someone posted recently that they were not getting offers from the boa preapproval app until they included the 4 digit zip code suffix.  who knows could have been an isolated glitch, but can't hurt to include it, you can get it off of usps by typing in your address if you don't know yours.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 19 of 23
smallfry
Senior Contributor

4 digit suffix for your zip is also listed on your Experian report if you have one saved to your computer.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.