cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of america credit card approved then account closed denied

tag
mandaiaybay

Bank of america credit card approved then account closed denied

hi got approved for bank of america card on july 15 called and verified information was approved for 2000, was told my card was mailed out on the 18, today i checked my account was closed i got transfered to a credit anaylst whos handling the account  was told that i got 3 new inquires thats why after reconsider they closed my account. i explanied that i applied for a car loan at dealrship still no budge. anyone think of anything i can do, the account wasnt even open for a week and the cards are mailed out doesnt make since. is there anywhere i can call everytime i call the credit department they refer me to the same anyalist. the same deaprtment. thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of america credit card approved then account closed denied

Sorry to hear on your account closure. Did you try to call their backdoor number? It is on the backdoor thread.

Ron.

Message 2 of 7
mandaiaybay

yes i did today they keep giving a new number to call or transfer there to 866-297-9257, and the same person ends up picking up, b/c when i ask them what happen they tell me you need to speak to your credit anyalist. funny things is its allready on my experian report as open, and when i check the application status it says approved for 2000. and the cards mailed out doesnt make sense.

Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Try back during typical business hours in US Eastern time, and politely and repeatedly ask to be escalated to a credit analyst.

Computer programs often make these decisions, and they don't know how to (or aren't programmed to) recognize auto loan app inquiries. It's just something programmed in to the software to catch people on mad app sprees who might be in desperate financial waters and are trying to run up a bunch of charged expenses and then default.

Once you finally get to credit analyst level, tell them which inqs are auto loan-related. They should understand what's happening, and if not, you can tell them about how common this is.

It's one thing to go berserk applying for new CC's, but presumably you weren't out trying to buy three new cars. Good luck!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
mandaiaybay

thanks i will try that tmrw and keep you guys posted of results.

Message 5 of 7
mandaiaybay

just got off the phone with bank of america, called 3 times spoke to 3 differnt supervisors, they changed there story today was told do to the privacy act the wont disclose the reason that becuase at my address i have family member that defaulted in bank of america card in the past they wont offer me the card anymore. i explained to 3 differnt supervisors thats not fair there not on my credit i have good credit with 0 negative marks ever still they refused and kept replying do to your household. now the account shows on experian opened closed from bank of america for less then a day. i asked them to remove the account off my file they refused i filed a complaint with the bbb, does anyone think i have a chance? to get this account off my file. its really messed up there holding othere peoples info at the address to refuse credit to others thanks

Message 6 of 7
Achase
Regular Contributor

contact corporate office in NC

http://ecorporateoffices.com/BankofAmerica-940

explain your story they will put you in touch with someone who overules all the decisions at bofa. 

they closed my acct one time then a month later i found this number and called and got it reopened.

however, bofa close my account again about a year later. i cant with them..lol so i left it closed the last time

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.