Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank offers to switch CC's

tag
jackg
Established Contributor

Bank offers to switch CC's

About 2-3 weeks ago I got an email from Chase telling me that they were changing my card to a "Slate" CC. This is a former WAMU account and I guess it's OK because of the interest rate, it the lowest they offer, 11.4% I think.

So today I get another email, this time from BOA and they want to give me a new "Accelerated Rewards American Express Card", but this offer requires closing your current account and opening a new one. Any body know the scoop with this on?

Beyond that I'm wondering why the banks want to change our cards, I do know that it''ll be to their benefit, not mine, banks just don't care about consumers.?

Any ideas out there?

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank offers to switch CC's

Got the same e-mail from Bank of America wanting me to switch to an Amex card but aren't making any changes to credit limit or APR they just want me to switch cards and are stating it's "Exclusively for me" Which is B.S. my balance is zero on the card and has stayed their since January. I won't use B of A till they start  treating people better. I'm sick of BIG BANKS

Message 2 of 3
jackg
Established Contributor

Re: Bank offers to switch CC's

Yea- that's kinda how I feel about it.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.