cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BankAmericard Cash Rewards CC - should I apply?

tag
PSouz
Contributor

BankAmericard Cash Rewards CC - should I apply?

I know I have said I am in the Garden, but being on this site makes it very hard, and I did just get 3 of my cards within the last 10 days, so one more hard pull probably isn't going to be the end of the world

I spend the most money each month on gas, thats why I am considering this card, that and the fact there is no annual fee, and that it is a VS. oh and the 100 dollars cash back will be nice too!

as of 3/20/13 I had a TU FICO of 758, and all the hard pulls I have gotten in the last year actually spread out pretty well, so I have 4 inquires on EX, 3 on EQ and 2 on TU, 

does anyone know which one BoA pulls? 

Do you think I would get approved?

what does everyone think? I just got 2 cards that both need 500 spent on them in the next three months, and will be making a purchase for my parents on one of them that is over 500, so if I got this card I would need to spend 1000 in the next three months, and that shouldn't be a problem

looking at the cards in my Sig what card would you recommend to me if I was to add one more?

either one with a decent percentage back on gas, or one that is good for traveling but doesn't have an AF (I don't like the idea of AF, I feel that I don't spend enough money to warrant cards with them)

thanks for the help guys!

Amex BCE $14k (backdated to 1/11), Chase Freedom $500 (11/2012)
Discover It Student $3k (3/13), Citi Dividend Platinum Visa $3k (3/13)
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa $3.5k (3/13)
Starting Score 3/20/13 - TransUnion FICO 758 - Goal Score 800
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: BankAmericard Cash Rewards CC - should I apply?

BofA pulls EX, if I am not wrong.

You might get FR by AMEX for opening so many accounts over a short period of time; they can be pretty anal about th is.

Otherwise, your scores and everything else looks good and I don't see a reason for BofA to deny you.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 32
PSouz
Contributor

@enharu wrote:

You might get FR by AMEX for opening so many accounts over a short period of time; they can be pretty anal about th is.

Otherwise, your scores and everything else looks good and I don't see a reason for BofA to deny you.

Okay, probably a good idea not to do it then, thank you, I don't want to get a FR, my annual income was reported correctly, but I got a new job this year, so my taxes from last year do not match what I put

Message 3 of 32
HiLine
Blogger

BofA would most likely pull Experian. As long as your income is decent, I'd say you're in! Cat Very Happy

Message 4 of 32
PSouz
Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

BofA would most likely pull Experian. As long as your income is decent, I'd say you're in! Cat Very Happy

considering the fact I really don't need the card, I think I may hold off, it does look like a nice card, and maybe something to get in a year, so I can let these new accounts age and will no longer have to worry about getting a FR from AMEX for getting too many accounts at once

Message 5 of 32
HiLine
Blogger

@PSouz wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Okay, probably a good idea not to do it then, thank you, I don't want to get a FR, my annual income was reported correctly, but I got a new job this year, so my taxes from last year do not match what I put

Nobody ever gets a financial review simply for opening 3-4 new accounts in a month's period.

Message 6 of 32
tatterz
New Contributor

Its not a bad card but there are better cards. It shouldn't be terribly difficult to get. The Signature Visa doesn't report a CL. Also, when it comes to rewards points, BoA rounds down transactions in their favor. A $2.97 purchase would only count as a 2 dollar purchase, for example. Chase is the other way around, yay chase!

TU: 730 (Lender Pull) ; EQ: 738 (MyFico)
Barclay's Sallie Mae 5% Mastercard $1k(4/2013)- My main beach
Chase Freedom $3k (3/2013) - My side beach
Amex BCE $6k (3/2013) - When I feel like a boss
Crapital One Platinum $750 (2/2010) - When I feel like a n00b
Message 7 of 32
PSouz
Contributor

My income is only 35k, with no expenses and some investments, but still not much, maybe I'll sleep on it.

Message 8 of 32
Open123
Super Contributor

If you're going to leave the garden, I'd choose a card with a larger sign up bonus!

Message 9 of 32
bs6054
Valued Contributor

With your BCE, you are already getting 2% back on gas right?  And the Freedom is sometimes 5% off gas as well, right?   

If gas is a very big expense, the long term solution is to garden for as long as it takes, and get a Penfed card to get 5% off all gas.   That might not fit your plans though.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.