Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BankAmericard Cash Rewards No longer aff. w/ HRC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BankAmericard Cash Rewards No longer aff. w/ HRC

@Anonymous wrote:

Oops, if I close it does it mean my rewards go unredeemed? Its only about 11 bucks.

I didn't mean to open a can of political worms, I really was just curious about whether or not you guys would close it. And no I do not have a bank of america checking or savings account.

I guess IF I did keep it, it would be my to go GAS card, at 3% its the best one I have. I started with 11 CC and have wittled it down to 7 CC.

Yes, most likely if you close the account without first redeeming your reward, it will be forfeited. 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oops, if I close it does it mean my rewards go unredeemed? Its only about 11 bucks.

I didn't mean to open a can of political worms, I really was just curious about whether or not you guys would close it. And no I do not have a bank of america checking or savings account.

I guess IF I did keep it, it would be my to go GAS card, at 3% its the best one I have. I started with 11 CC and have wittled it down to 7 CC.

If you didn't want to open up a political can of worms why did you make your original post? 

Bank of America Cash Back is better  than Citi because they give you 2.2 back on groceries and 3.3 percent back on Gas if you have an account with them. A friend of mine has a brokerage account with them and is getting 3 percent on groceries and 4.5 percent on gas. 

Also Bank of America has very low redemption level.  For a couple of months I combined it with my NCFU card that gave back 3 percent on restaurants.  Then I started sign up bonus chasing.  If I go back to just looking for cash rewards I would keep a Bank of America card in my rotation.  Bank of America savings rate is a joke though and I wouldn't use it for my primary savings account but they are great for checking. 

Message 12 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Bank of America savings rate is a joke though and I wouldn't use it for my primary savings account but they are great for checking. 

Just wondering why they are great for checking.  You can now get free internet checking accounts that pay about 1% and reimburse for all ATM fees.  From what I remember,BoA checking was pretty featureless, and always willing to impose fees unless you kept a certain balance.  Have they improved?

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Bank of America savings rate is a joke though and I wouldn't use it for my primary savings account but they are great for checking. 

Just wondering why they are great for checking.  You can now get free internet checking accounts that pay about 1% and reimburse for all ATM fees.  From what I remember,BoA checking was pretty featureless, and always willing to impose fees unless you kept a certain balance.  Have they improved?

From what I understand they still require you to meet one of these requirements (1) keep a minimum daily balance of $1500, (2) qualifying direct deposit of $250 or more, or (3) be a student under the age of 24 to avoid the monthly fee.

Right now they are offering a $100 sign up bonus if you open an account and meet certain requirements. Some folks have been lucky enough to receive targeted offers for more ($300).

Message 14 of 17
NRB525
Super Contributor

I have two BofA cards that started out in 2001 and 2003 as affiliated cards, I think with other banks which subsequently merged into BofA. 

Both affiliation arrangements ended several years ago, but BofA kept the same terms on each card, just converted each to a plain MC, plain AMEX. 

About a year ago, after I gave up asking about a PC, they sent me the update that they were converting the MC to 3-2-1 rewards, same terms otherwise. The AMEX recently evolved from WorldPoints to some slightly less useless reward program, but the AMEX has a fixed 7.90% APR, 1% FTF, and is being used as a BT card. 

I dont one like BofA never tells me on the statement "your autopay of $XXX will post on MM/DD/YYYY" like nearly every other card I have, but other than that I plan on keeping my no-AF cards forever.

The BankAmeriDeals are periodically useful as well. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 15 of 17
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a reminder to stay away from political discussion even if it is meant to be humorous.  Thank you all for your cooperation.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've deleted several posts that do not fall within the guidelines set forth in MyFICO's Forums Terms of Service and Friendly, Supportive and Respectful.  Please do not post unless you can do so without insulting others.  If not, your posting privileges will be at risk.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.