Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa invite

tag
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa invite

Hey gang I received in the mail a pre-select offer the bankamericard cash rewards visa, can someone tell me if this is a good card, also which bureau does BofA pull? Also, I have a 60 day on my report from one of my Ames cards back in July, but has since been in good standing, my scores have since rebounded back a bit, EQ-655 EX(PSECU)-650 TU-653, I don't want to burn an INQ if the chances of getting approved is not good, I plan on apping for the SPG card in January and would rather use and INQ for that if my approval chances aren't good. Thanks in advance for any input regarding this card

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
lithium78
Established Contributor

Re: BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa invite

The BankAmericard Cash Rewards 123 is a good card.  I got one about two years ago with scores in the 650 range and many baddies and they pulled EX.  They aren't great about auto CLIs, but the rewards are good (1% on everything, 2% on groceries, 3% on gas.)  For some "high risk" borrowers, they will start you off with 12 mos 0% interest, 6 mos of 1,2,3% cashback, then 1% cashback for everything, but after the 6 mos were up, I was able to PC it to a regular 1,2,3% cashback card.  They were very good about that after seeing my excellent payment history with them.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Thanks lithium, was it an instant approval and what CL did they start you out with?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 3 of 6
YahComb
Established Contributor

I think its a fairly good card. the 2% and 3% for groceries and gas is capped to 1500 per quarter. Their rewards mall is pretty decent, certain stores on there have slightly higher cashback than what they offer on ShopDiscover or Chase Ultimate Rewards, and a few stores that chase or discover don't have.

I also think the card can grow with you, i've had two cli's since this card graduated( requested both, not automatic) 1.2K to 3K, and 3K to 6K, within 4 months. I woudn't advocate going for a cli every 3-4 months with BOA-they usually will hardpull.

also i think they like to pull EX mostly. Thats what they pulled last august when i got this card (as a regular secured card).

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 4 of 6
lithium78
Established Contributor

@Gibran wrote:

Thanks lithium, was it an instant approval and what CL did they start you out with?

They started me with $2000 (instant approval) which was my highest CL at the time.  No auto CLIs and I don't want to take a hard pull so I haven't requested any.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
Imua
Frequent Contributor

i recently got the BofA 1-2-3 card.

they pulled EX

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.