Did you mean: 

BankAmericard New CLI Question

tag
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: BankAmericard New CLI Question

@Anonymous wrote:
wrote: 

I was in the same situation as you are back in 2015. Had a 99/500 card opened June that year. Although it got completely unsecured in 6 months, it never saw a CLI in a year so I decided to app for a new Cash Rewards then closed and combined the limits on the 2 cards. That CR card now has an $11.5K limit. 

You obviously has 2 choices;

One, to wait it out and hope for a CLI on your current card, or two, app for a new one then close/combine CL on another card. 

I didn’t care much for HP and New Acct (AAoA) back then that’s why I took the latter option.

YMMV and the decision is obviously yours to make.

Best of Luck and please keep us posted.

Nice! Have you tried for a CLI since the new policy with any luck?

Yeah I have last month (May 21) and was given a $5K CLI from $6.5K to $11.5K. It was a SP. My last CLI was Feb 04 of this year with $4K from $2.5K to $6.5K via a TU HP.

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BankAmericard New CLI Question

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I only have insight on your first question - My card started as a secured card $500 deposit/$500 CL. I opened it 4/2014. Received the deposit back 8/2016  CL went to $2500, 8/17 CL to $5500. Both of the increases were auto, I did ask for an increase  last month. Asked for $10K and was instantly approved. I personally don't think the card is bucketed. 

When did you open the account? What were you scores when you requested the $2500?

Is this your primary card? Can you give a few data points? Just curious on how you were able to get a 10k increase.

When I opened the account I had a banking relationship with BofA for about 3 years. My scores were between 560-570. (terrible I know). I used the card a lot, until the beginning of this year. I always pay in full, usually a couple times a month. I would generally put about $1000-$1500 per month on the card. Currently, my TU score is 743. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.