Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay = A weird bank, indeed

tag
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Barclay = A weird bank, indeed

Just yesterday I called them Mod Cut on someone else's thread.

Well, I've had a $2,500 MC with them forever and finally they raised it to $2,550 last summer (that's right, a $50 CLI!  Woo hoo!)

Recently I paid the balance down from nearly maxed-out to $600 and asked for a CLI on their site.  There was no hard pull because I got the reply in .5 seconds (no hard pull can  be completed in that amount of time) that I was not eligible and I'd get a letter explaining why.  I assume that answers that fast have to do with failing their internal checks (like owing too much money on the previous statement.)

So I got a letter telling me what a terrible loser I am, of course.  Then I forgot about the matter.  This was within the last month.

Today I got my new statement and logged on to view and pay it, and I see my CL is now $3,500!  Now THAT"s a CLI.  Smiley Happy

john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay = A weird bank, indeed

congrats, thats a nice increase

Message 2 of 4
Open123
Super Contributor

It is strange.

Both my friends and I app'ed for the US Air card.  My CL was $3,100, which was subsequently raised on approval to $7,500.

My friend was approved for $19,500 right off the bat!  We have similar profiles, the only exception being he has a current mortgage, and I own my home outright without a mortgage reporting (which I assume would be good, but maybe not for scores).  Aside form that, we're partners in the same firm, make similar incomes, and have a very similar profile otherwise, and even live in the same area.

Message 3 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the CLI !  Yeah they can be very strange sometimes, that is very true.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.