Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Apple Card

@Anonymous wrote:

They can be used anywhere, but the no interest financing is only available for Apple purchases.  I believe their iTunes card collects points on all purchases though.

So the no interst financing can be used anywhere as long as the purchase is for an Apple product. Like an iPad from Target. Doesn't have to be from the Apple Store? 

Message 21 of 27
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They can be used anywhere, but the no interest financing is only available for Apple purchases.  I believe their iTunes card collects points on all purchases though.

So the no interst financing can be used anywhere as long as the purchase is for an Apple product. Like an iPad from Target. Doesn't have to be from the Apple Store? 

Only at apple stores according to the website. 

"New cardmembers get no interest financing on initial purchases at the Apple Store, with the new Financing Visa Card from Barclaycard - if paid in full within 12 months."

The itunes card though earns points everywhere like the previous poster said. 1pt/$1 spent everywhere, 2pt/$1 on itunes. The points can seemingly only be redeemed for itunes gift cards though. 

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info!  When I applied, I chose the 6 months with no interest financing for purchases under $1000.00 (received a $1300. CL). I figured that might give me a better chance at getting approved. Do you think they might up this to 12 months if I give them a call?  I know, the answer is "no" if I don't ask but wondering if they might do that or if anyone reading this has had it done. 

Message 23 of 27
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info!  When I applied, I chose the 6 months with no interest financing for purchases under $1000.00 (received a $1300. CL). I figured that might give me a better chance at getting approved. Do you think they might up this to 12 months if I give them a call?  I know, the answer is "no" if I don't ask but wondering if they might do that or if anyone reading this has had it done. 

I didn't know you had to choose. I just thought it happened based on your purchase. They might, it's worth calling and asking for.

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, it is the purchase amount. 6 months no interests for purchases under $999.00 and 12 months for over that. I'm going to get an iPad instead of the Mini that I was considering so the plan that I have is the best one for me.

Message 25 of 27
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Congrats !!!!!Smiley Happy

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brcamacho wrote:

Update, was approved for 2k called the back door number less then 5 minutes on the phone and was appvoved for 3k.

Thanks for all the help guys and gals. Smiley Happy

I've never done the recon thing but am tempted to see if they will up my limit. I tried calling the backdoor # a little while ago but they close at 5 on the east coast. What do you do, just ask for a higher limit? Do you suggest an amount or do they and what questions do they ask. After my success last week, my feelings won't be hurt if they say no so what the heck, I'll try. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.