Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple Financing PC Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Apple Financing PC Success

After I made a payment over the phone, I pushed buttons to summon a CSR, and I asked if my useless and expensive (thought, not said) Financing Visa card can be changed into something that earns rewards. I wasn't expecting much, but then she offered me a everyday rewards card with 2% gas+groceries and 1% elsewhere, which was great. Then she offered a spending bonus of 10k points ($100) for spending $1000 in the first 90 days. Then she says the interest rates on the new card will be lowered to slightly less painful 18.99% from what-were-you-thinking 22.99%. So I had a good morning. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay Apple Financing PC Success

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 10
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After I made a payment over the phone, I pushed buttons to summon a CSR, and I asked if my useless and expensive (thought, not said) Financing Visa card can be changed into something that earns rewards. I wasn't expecting much, but then she offered me a everyday rewards card with 2% gas+groceries and 1% elsewhere, which was great. Then she offered a spending bonus of 10k points ($100) for spending $1000 in the first 90 days. Then she says the interest rates on the new card will be lowered to slightly less painful 18.99% from what-were-you-thinking 22.99%. So I had a good morning. Smiley Happy

Nice job,.  How long have you had the Apple Card ?

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After I made a payment over the phone, I pushed buttons to summon a CSR...

Congrats! You're pretty good at this. What else can you summon at will? Smiley Tongue Pretty good at hypnotism as well? I PC'd my Apple Rewards and was only offered the bare Rewards with 0 reduction in APR and wasn't offered the cash bonus.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditwiser wrote:

Nice job,.  How long have you had the Apple Card ?

I had mine for 4 months before PC to Rewards, but I didn't get this cash bonus offer. I'm going to call Barclay. I don't see the application saying anything about sign up bonuses.

@Anonymous wrote:

...she offered me a everyday rewards card...

I am confused. Is this the Barclay Rewards? I've never heard of the Barclay Everyday Rewards. Then that explains why you were offered a cash bonus for spending x amount.

Message 5 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Based on the perks of the card that OP described, I'm assuming he/she is in fact referring to the Barclays Rewards Card.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Barclay Rewards application I find online doesn't say anything about cash bonus sign ups?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The Barclay Rewards application I find online doesn't say anything about cash bonus sign ups?

There isn't one for this card right now but the CSR will make offers for a PC.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There isn't one for this card right now but the CSR will make offers for a PC.

There are so many abbreviations that I can't find on the FICO Common Abreviation Thread. What is DC and SL?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this card in Nov 2013, so just under two years. I ended up returning Macbook I bought with this card, and then I sinned by charging it up when there was no more coins to be found under the couch, and I've been donating bits of my labor to Barclays every month like a good little slave. Now that I'm about to get out of their shackles, I think they are throwing me a bone.

In less figurative words, I was probably the kind of customer credit card companies love to keep, i.e those ones that don't know better to give them lots of money.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.