Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple Rewards CLOSED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Apple Rewards CLOSED!

Well I guess poking the bear got me, Barclay reviewed my account saw that I had other accounts opened after them and promptly closed my card.  I only had my iCloud storage payments going on there, so I wonder what the impact to my score will be once this one shows up closed.  Live and learn I suppose, I guess if I want to get one of their cards in the future, I need to be in the garden for six months+ before applying to anything else.......

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay Apple Rewards CLOSED!

The impacts would likely trickle to utilization as a whole, if at all, depending on what the CL was on the card relative to your overall balances.

Yes, poking the bear can have some ramifications depending on an individual's profile, but this isn't new for Barclays.

Message 2 of 17
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

How long did you have it open for? And what was your overall utilization like ?
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDFinance wrote:
How long did you have it open for? And what was your overall utilization like ?

Mine was open for 3 months or so.  CL was $1,500 and the most ever on there at one point was $200 so utilization was low. Overall utilization of all my cards reporting was like 2%. 

Message 4 of 17
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear that....Smiley Sad Thanks for the data.....

Message 5 of 17
kiea
Frequent Contributor

They are very sensitive to new accounts and inquiries.   Hope you will have another chance to get back in. 

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes how many accounts did you open before and after you opened the apple rewards card mine is coming up on its 7th statement i didnt open any cards after i opened it but i would hate for them to shut it down now i just got a cli and i was about to go on a little apple spree lol

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

could your fico also have anything to do with it? when i opened mine my tu fico 8 was 697 now its 722

Message 8 of 17
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

It doesn't happen to everyone but certain things in your credit profile I guess trigger the manual review........

I recently went on a huge spree including Barclays ... If I don't get shut down then it's definitely YMMV lol....

I'll report back in a few months
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yes how many accounts did you open before and after you opened the apple rewards card mine is coming up on its 7th statement i didnt open any cards after i opened it but i would hate for them to shut it down now i just got a cli and i was about to go on a little apple spree lol

myFICO is higher than it was when I got the card from them and I would say 4 new accounts were opened after them.  

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.