Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple Rewards CLOSED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Apple Rewards CLOSED!

@MrDFinance wrote:
It doesn't happen to everyone but certain things in your credit profile I guess trigger the manual review........

I recently went on a huge spree including Barclays ... If I don't get shut down then it's definitely YMMV lol....

I'll report back in a few months

I think you'll be okay to be honest

Message 11 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Note to self, dont apply for Barclays. Sorry Op, i wish these lenders would close cards for failing to meet your obligations not by just expanding your options but i guess this is the credit environment we now live.
Message 12 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

From a risk assessment perspective, I believe that outside of this sphere, Reddit, DoC, etc., most individuals or average Joes/Janes 😁 aren't opening that many CCs in such short periods of time.

I get the build/rebuild mentality, but sometimes the lack of a good strategy can backfire as we've seen with other lenders besides Barclays. Citi, Chase, BoA, Comenity, SYNCB follow similar trends, for instance.
Message 13 of 17
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Don't feel bad OP, Barclays is a very skittish lender and does strange things based on who knows what?

A couple of months ago Barclays decreased my Cash Rewards card from $11k >> $500 and decreased my RING from $15k >> $500. Zero lates, Zero missed payments, Zero derogs on ANY account on my CRA reports, monthly usage on a regular basis - 99% of the time I paid in full, all FICO scores are mid+ 700's. I saved them the problem and immediately closed both account  - also added them to my *-list (joining Comenity in my hall of shame). 

Don't miss them, and I won't go back to them in the future. You've got better cards and lenders anyway so just look forward and forget the bad lenders. 

Cash Rewards CardCash Rewards Card

RING CardRING Card

Message 14 of 17
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Welp... I'm glad the Uber Card is the only Barclays card I would want at this point.... If this account goes south I won't be too concerned....
Message 15 of 17
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Wow....Did they ever give you a reason for the decrease?

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 16 of 17
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@kiea wrote:

Wow....Did they ever give you a reason for the decrease?

Not that I remember.... I contacted them and they just said it's not a mistake. I said it is for me, close both accounts.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.