cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple Rewards- No CLI, no HP. Huh?

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Barclay Apple Rewards- No CLI, no HP. Huh?

My last CLI with my Apple Rewards card was back in early September. 

Last time I logged into my account (somewhere around the second week of January), I noticed that the verbage on the Account Settings tab had changed to, "You may be eligible for a credit line increase..." so I called them up and did the ol' APR reduction request. No go on the APR reduction, so I asked if I was elgible for a soft pull CLI. No go on the SP eligibility. 

Back to the online portal, I clicked on the CLI button, and requested an increase to $10,000 (Dreaming, but hoping for a counter...), knowing it would be a HP. I didn't get an immediate response, so I waited for the letter in the mail, which came today. 

The letter states that my account is not eligible for a CLI at this time, and to try again in six months. Huh? If I wasn't eligible, then why did the verbage change on the Account Settings tab? Now when I go look at it, it's back to "Our records indicate that you have recently requested a credit line increase..."

And on top of all that- no HP, even when I was expecting one.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay Apple Rewards- No CLI, no HP. Huh?

Barclays is weird like that. I have never seen the Request a Higher Credit Line button say you may be eligable for a higher credit line, but have heard about it.

Barclays doesn't like to give me a CLI or a new product 6 months from the last. Usually 4 out of 5 times they wont hard pull your credit and respond with something like they feel comfortable with the amount of credit extended to you. Now if you really want it and want to take the hard pull, just call them and ask for them to do it. Otherwise wait it out for a few more months. 

Message 2 of 7
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

I had my apple and rewards mc a little over 4 months, and last night i asked for cli online. I only had 3 inq's on TU and they fooled me really bad this time. Checked my report little after midnight before i went to bed, and literally minutes before i pulled a 3b report, they pulled EX instead of TU, which has 11 inq's. Just recently logged in to my account and where it says ask for cli basically, it said you recently requested a cli but it can not be completed online please call xxx number. I assume it may be due to the Fraud Alerts i have on my reports. I will call them and update it here and see what the outcome will be.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

Barclays doesn't like to give me a CLI or a new product 6 months from the last. Usually 4 out of 5 times they wont hard pull your credit and respond with something like they feel comfortable with the amount of credit extended to you. Now if you really want it and want to take the hard pull, just call them and ask for them to do it. Otherwise wait it out for a few more months. 

True, very typical of Barclay's. Nice of them actually to not HP you in addition! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Huh? If I wasn't eligible, then why did the verbage change on the Account Settings tab?

According your own post it said:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Last time I logged into my account (somewhere around the second week of January), I noticed that the verbage on the Account Settings tab had changed to, "You may be eligible for a credit line increase..."

Notice the word "may"?

In any case, don't read too much into what the tab said.  Not only do you have to fall within the creditor's timeframe/policy for requesting but your credit profile and income have to qualify as well.

Message 5 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Huh? If I wasn't eligible, then why did the verbage change on the Account Settings tab?

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Last time I logged into my account (somewhere around the second week of January), I noticed that the verbage on the Account Settings tab had changed to, "You may be eligible for a credit line increase..."

Notice the word "may"?

In any case, don't read too much into what the tab said.  Not only do you have to fall within the creditor's timeframe/policy for requesting but your credit profile and income have to qualify as well.

I know it said *may* however, that's usually an indication that you're good to go to make the request. When the account isn't eligible, they don't even let you attempt. 

Plus there was no HP or SP (just pulled my annual TU yesterday), so that's the confusing part. 

Message 6 of 7
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Notice the word "may"?

I know it said *may* however, that's usually an indication that you're good to go to make the request. When the account isn't eligible, they don't even let you attempt. 

Plus there was no HP or SP (just pulled my annual TU yesterday), so that's the confusing part. 

Then they might have used an earlier SP they had o file with you.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.