cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Arrival denied due to 7 TU HPs...

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay Arrival denied due to 7 TU HPs...

@myjourney wrote:

@codesingh wrote:

I wondered why I wasn't freaking out...coz it is my first denial in 7 months of approval after approvals...hence no worries!

A little time in the garden and then apply again for best resultsSmiley Wink

Yep, the garden cures this particular ailment. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 11 of 19
codesingh
Regular Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@codesingh wrote:

Yes. They denied me based on their internal(because i got their NFL extra points in March). It wasn't a HP until then.

I looked up the backdoor number for barclay and called the number, they asked for my permission for a HP I authorized, still no go! He did mention that my file looks good but just that they need to see my existing TL mature with their bank more. Cr*p cr*p cr*p

oh ok, so they only do a soft pull if you have another card with them, like AMEX does?  or did I read that wrong

Apparently that's the case john398. I didn't know until I called for recon either. I specifically asked them about how wasn't the first denial based on an HP and that's what they had to say...we use our internal matrix to proceed with approvals...you have a young account with us and that alone decided to not grant you another TL, often with a HP and if your inquiries are low and you didn't acquire other TLs in the recent past, barclay bank grants a TL despite you have a recent TL with this bank...blah blah blah blah...flippin blah.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 12 of 19
Biraeta
Valued Member

I got denied with 4 inq... they suck lol but i want their card so i will probably try again when im done gardening lol

Jumped out the Garden! But I'm running back with Roses!

Message 13 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

Tbh I'm really regretting that I applied for this card lol
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 19
codesingh
Regular Contributor

@enharu wrote:

+1

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 15 of 19
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

@enharu wrote:

+1

What if you recon again, tell them how much you want the arrival and that you'd be willing to close the NFL card to get it? 

This worked me the 2nd go around to get 40K points on US airways cad.  At the time I had the NFL card for only 5 months. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 16 of 19
codesingh
Regular Contributor

@shols44 wrote:

@codesingh wrote:

@enharu wrote:

+1

What if you recon again, tell them how much you want the arrival and that you'd be willing to close the NFL card to get it? 

This worked me the 2nd go around to get 40K points on US airways cad.  At the time I had the NFL card for only 5 months. 

shols44: I am thinking to do that but don't fee positive about it. It would definitely be worth a re recon call. I had my NFL only for a little over a couple of months.

I'll see, maybe during office hours t'maro. thx for the idea.

Message 17 of 19
HiLine
Blogger

Barclays is inquiry sensitive to the extreme. When inquiries are the issue, their recon dept probably won't budge, but who knows. Good luck!

Message 18 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I app'ed for Barclay's Arrival, and I have an existing unused $7700 Travelociy Amex. Got auto denied twice and credit analyst denied twice for not even inquiries (0 on TU in 6 months; 10 inqs two years).
Got denied for too many new accounts even though it's been nearly six months since Ive opened one.
It's weird bc I had more new accounts inqs when I got approved the first time. Barclay's is too unpredictable. They are amazing when on que, but horrible when they're horrible. I dont see how Amex is comfy extending me $30k in credit yet Barclay's won't even move over a few thou from an existing, perfectly managed line to open Arrival. Yeah, they wouldn't even move over any of my credit line heh.

Good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.