cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Arrival+ to have 60,000 Points Signup Bonus Starting July 1st [worth $630 in Travel, $89 Ann

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Barclay Arrival+ to have 60,000 Points Signup Bonus Starting July 1st [worth $630 in Travel, $89 Ann

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
arkane
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay Arrival+ to have 60,000 Points Signup Bonus Starting July 1st [worth $630 in Travel, $89

So you net $551 after spending $5000 and paying the AF. ($600 SUB + $30 5% redemption bonus + $10 from $5k @ 2%) Plus you get to deal with Barclays.

For my money (or rather, HP lol) I'd much rather get the BoA Premium Rewards -- $500 after $3000 spend, net $487.5 if you can sell the $100 AA gift card for $78. 

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Arrival+ to have 60,000 Points Signup Bonus Starting July 1st [worth $630 in Travel, $89

@arkane wrote:

@Anonymous you net $551 after spending $5000 and paying the AF. ($600 SUB + $30 5% redemption bonus + $10 from $5k @ 2%) Plus you get to deal with Barclays.

For my money (or rather, HP lol) I'd much rather get the BoA Premium Rewards -- $500 after $3000 spend, net $487.5 if you can sell the $100 AA gift card for $78. 

I’m with you on that logic but the Premium Rewards is notoriously difficult to attain. For those that feel Barclays isn’t a keeper, you may as well churn it. 

Message 3 of 6
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@arkane wrote:

@Anonymous you net $551 after spending $5000 and paying the AF. ($600 SUB + $30 5% redemption bonus + $10 from $5k @ 2%) Plus you get to deal with Barclays.

I’m with you on that logic but the Premium Rewards is notoriously difficult to attain. For those that feel Barclays isn’t a keeper, you may as well churn it. 

Says the guy with a 12K BoA PR in his sig. Smiley WinkSmiley Tongue

Yeah I've read something to that effect, but thought it was more to do with the (then-not-so-well-known) 2/3/4 rule?

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@arkane wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@arkane wrote:

Yeah I've read something to that effect, but thought it was more to do with the (then-not-so-well-known) 2/3/4 rule?

Hard card to get for many in the 800's and high income earners as well as many other forums other then here have DP's as welll... Anti churning card it appears.  Although a few did get it here with alot of inquiries/accounts although more got declined including myself when I had other high CL BofA cards two at time.. Now down to one at 35k.  I will certainly churn the Arrival+ if it comes back around since we are starting to lack cards with good sign-up bonuses

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@arkane wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@arkane wrote:

I’m still convinced it was an error on BoA. No questions asked though, I took it and ran 🏃 with it. 😆

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.