Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Black Metal Card

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Black Metal Card

@09Lexie wrote:
There's a cc for every individual. Those who've apped and are carrying the card may not agree with the 'worst card ever' sentiment.

+1. I've made my feelings for this card known on many previous occasions, but there are some people out there who still want it.

It reminds me of this reality dating show I was watching while flipping through the channels. I normally can't stand reality TV, but this was actually interesting. They had a guy on there who made me absolutely shudder, and I couldn't help but think "who in their right mind would go after this guy?"

He was thinner than a sack of bones, looked like his mum still dressed him, had horse-like teeth bigger than Mr. Ed, skin that was flaking off in multiple places, a face like a smashed crab, was unemployed, and had the absolutely dorkiest personality ever. To his credit though he was a nice guy.

After being passed over by 20+ women, one was quite enthralled and asked him out on a date. My fiancee always says that "there's someone out there for everyone", and this guy was living proof.

IMO Visa Black is the credit card version of the guy with the smashed-crab face. Most people will say "what the hell are you thinking?!"... but there's still someone out there who will bite.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 11 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@CreditScholar

I could almost visualize that poor guy!

Your comments made my point. Smiley LOL
Message 12 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
There's a cc for every individual. Those who've apped and are carrying the card may not agree with the 'worst card ever' sentiment.

+1. I've made my feelings for this card known on many previous occasions, but there are some people out there who still want it.

It reminds me of this reality dating show I was watching while flipping through the channels. I normally can't stand reality TV, but this was actually interesting. They had a guy on there who made me absolutely shudder, and I couldn't help but think "who in their right mind would go after this guy?"

He was thinner than a sack of bones, looked like his mum still dressed him, had horse-like teeth bigger than Mr. Ed, skin that was flaking off in multiple places, a face like a smashed crab, was unemployed, and had the absolutely dorkiest personality ever. To his credit though he was a nice guy.

After being passed over by 20+ women, one was quite enthralled and asked him out on a date. My fiancee always says that "there's someone out there for everyone", and this guy was living proof.

IMO Visa Black is the credit card version of the guy with the smashed-crab face. Most people will say "what the hell are you thinking?!"... but there's still someone out there who will bite.

@Anonymous @ CreditScholar... I just spilled my drink....lol.  Very true though, or as the saying goes, there's a lid for every pot.

Message 13 of 31
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

Can anyone comment on their claim that their rewards points are worth twice as much as amex plat? I have a friend who has carried this card for a couple of years, I was telling him today its probably not worth it and he should try the sapphire preferred instead. Probably 20k a month spend.
Message 14 of 31
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous @ CreditScholar... I just spilled my drink....lol.  Very true though, or as the saying goes, there's a lid for every pot.

I was thinking something more along the lines of there's a manhole cover for every.... manhole. Smiley Happy

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 15 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

LMAO well said indeed 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 31
enharu
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Just curious, but is that woman as ugly as that guy? Or that guy pretty much won the lottery?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 31
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
Can anyone comment on their claim that their rewards points are worth twice as much as amex plat? I have a friend who has carried this card for a couple of years, I was telling him today its probably not worth it and he should try the sapphire preferred instead. Probably 20k a month spend.

I highly doubt their points are worth more than AMEX...

All I see is a video, not much to go off by and not many people out there with this card with honest reviews about it.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 18 of 31
Powertrip
Valued Member

[QUOTE]+1. I've made my feelings for this card known on many previous occasions, but there are some people out there who still want it.

IMO Visa Black is the credit card version of the guy with the smashed-crab face. Most people will say "what the hell are you thinking?!"... but there's still someone out there who will bite.[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying... is the Visa Black has a nice personality...?

Message 19 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Just curious, but is that woman as ugly as that guy? Or that guy pretty much won the lottery?

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.