Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLD/AA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay CLD/AA

Barclays = Big Brother.  They are like the paper tiger Mexican cartel who helped you get in the country and demands you give them a percentage of your weekly salary for life in return.  Business is not personal.  Close it an move on.  Maybe they paid too much to sponsor the arena in Brooklyn, NY.  Maybe the ladies of 227 can chime in.  What you say Jackayyyy?

Image result for amen sherman

Message 21 of 82
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Never good news...sure is a lot of this with Barclay these days.

Not just these days.

They never stopped, they just slow up here and there.

The forum experiences Barclays slashes by the droves for awhile and then it lets up again. Smiley Indifferent

Message 22 of 82
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Barclays = Big Brother.  They are like the paper tiger Mexican cartel who helped you get in the country and demands you give them a percentage of your weekly salary for life in return.  Business is not personal.  Close it an move on.  Maybe they paid too much to sponsor the arena in Brooklyn, NY.  Maybe the ladies of 227 can chime in.  What you say Jackayyyy?

Image result for amen sherman

R.I.P Sherman,

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 23 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that sucks my favorite analogy is the jealous girlfriend who helped you out. As you gain more confidence (credit) you get wandering eyes and start taking more envelopes in the mailbox and she don't like that. Oh he* * no!
Message 24 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate it the most because they slash before you make payments so they look maxed out and that really hurts. They can do a whole year of rebuilding with one swift kick in the butt. My personal story is I paid off several cards with a balance transfer and then got nailed.   what happens during a balance transfer is you risk having  both reports from both Banks and in this case I transferred off a synchrony card which is a TransUnion puller and Barclays is a TransUnion puller so all the sudden I went from owing $4,500 to $9,000 in the same month and I think that is what did it

Message 25 of 82
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah that sucks my favorite analogy is the jealous girlfriend who helped you out. As you gain more confidence (credit) you get wandering eyes and start taking more envelopes in the mailbox and she don't like that. Oh he* * no!

Love it! 😆

Message 26 of 82
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I hate it the most because they slash before you make payments so they look maxed out and that really hurts. They can do a whole year of rebuilding with one swift kick in the butt. My personal story is I paid off several cards with a balance transfer and then got nailed.   what happens during a balance transfer is you risk having  both reports from both Banks and in this case I transferred off a synchrony card which is a TransUnion puller and Barclays is a TransUnion puller so all the sudden I went from owing $4,500 to $9,000 in the same month and I think that is what did it

I paid off Barclay via a BT to NFCU in November...  I left a small recurring bill to post monthly on the Barclay.  We'll see what happens in the next month or two!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 27 of 82
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@TrialByFire wrote:
They slashed mine last month from 10k to 3500 with a balance of 3200. I called Barclays portfolio something number and asked why they did the CLD. The reason was I carried a balance for about 8mo and I had several inqs from rate shopping for a mortgage. This is on the ring card so that's kind of the purpose due to 8% APR. I asked them to reinstate my original credit line. They checked my 3 yr acct history, said we see you have a history a making big payments. Then they honored my request. You could try to go that route if it's not too late but don't blame you in the slightest for not wanting to deal with their fickleness.

If THAT isn't being overly "picky" then I don't know what is.

Here is my gripe on that. They are making a profit (8% per whatever amount) aren't they? And monthly at that.

Are they in the business to make money or serve as a credit monitoring guide wherein they extend you credit and if you don't adhere to some guideline which they won't openly share what those rules are, they take action on you.

Glad that you got yours returned to the original limit. They are not fooling anyone though. They also told me I had, and quote "Strong Payment History" with them but they were unwilling to extend anymore credit.

The bare bones FACT for me was, their COMPUTER approved my original $5K limit where it remained until I closed it after (2) years. Barclays people never extended a single dime.

Looks to me like the computer exercised more reason than their people who man the credit end.

Dunno  but it's probably just as well with the way that it turned out, because after proactively closing their only card, much better opportunities and success went right off the charts to the good Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 82
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you think these CLD and account closings happen mostly on Barclays own cards, or do they also happen on co-branded cards like the jetBlue? I hope not, but I'll just have to see what happens, I guess.

They happen on jetblue, just got my letter today. They closed $9K line strictly due to INQ's and new Acct's. I added 8 accounts in the 8 months since getting the jetblue (vs the 12 new I had in the 6 months prior to approval).

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 29 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeffm4688 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you think these CLD and account closings happen mostly on Barclays own cards, or do they also happen on co-branded cards like the jetBlue? I hope not, but I'll just have to see what happens, I guess.

They happen on jetblue, just got my letter today. They closed $9K line strictly due to INQ's and new Acct's. I added 8 accounts in the 8 months since getting the jetblue (vs the 12 new I had in the 6 months prior to approval).

They truly have lost their minds...

This is exactly why I closed mine. CLOSED BY CONSUMER.

Message 30 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.