Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay - Change to Visa Signature?

tag
JaseT
Established Contributor

Barclay - Change to Visa Signature?

Has anybody had any experience with Barclay changing your Visa to a Visa Signature card? I'm not even sure if they issue the Apple Rewards as a Siggy? Thanks in advance for any info!

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay - Change to Visa Signature?

From what I remember you'll have to app for a new card and make it past the $5000 threshold to get a signature version. But that was DPs from the Uber card not sure if it applies to their other ones.

Message 2 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

In a variety of instances, although not as frequent, if a product receives an automatic CLI (not requested by the accountholder) and places it above a certain internal threshold, then it would get automatically upgraded to the Visa Signature or WMC/WEMC tier - depends on the product, though.

As far as requesting for the upgrade, it's unlikely to be fulfilled. The alternative, as mentioned above, is to reapply in the hopes of getting a SL that gets the VS tier.

That being said, I have yet to see an Apple Rewards VS. So, I'm not sure it really matters at the end of the day.
Message 3 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Haven't seen an Apple card issued as Visa Signature to begin with, as as mentioned Barclay doesn't really do upgrades. Besides that, aren't they losing the Apple card soon anyway? To me it would be even less likely to get an upgrade because of that. Of course, if the card gets transitioned to another bank (as opposed to kept with Barclays and product changed - could go either way), that bank may let you upgrade to Visa Signature.

Message 4 of 15
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

I would not waste my time.  Barclays support is the stupidest support I have ever had to deal with. They either do not know what Visa Signature is, or they do not know they even offer it. Or they do not know what the requirement is, and they would have you app for a new same card instead. Clearly, YOU know more about the answers to your questions than they do.

Message 5 of 15
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

It is next to imposible from what I understand.

I got Visa Siggy on Uber because I was DENIED then called them.

They gave me small limit and I moved some from another card.

I told them I wanted to move whatever needed to make sure I got Siggy.

I got 3 different answers about Siggy...

.....Siggy is automatic from Visa based on your profile.

.....Siggy is only given after you spend $50k in a year.

.....Siggy is not available on this card.

LOL!  They really have no idea what the requirements are.

Pretty simple - you must START with a $5k card or higher.

I had a previous $2500 card that got a cli to $5000 and it was not upgraded.

I called and they said it was not an option.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 6 of 15
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

It is next to imposible from what I understand.

I got Visa Siggy on Uber because I was DENIED then called them.

They gave me small limit and I moved some from another card.

I told them I wanted to move whatever needed to make sure I got Siggy.

I got 3 different answers about Siggy...

.....Siggy is automatic from Visa based on your profile.

.....Siggy is only given after you spend $50k in a year.

.....Siggy is not available on this card.

LOL!  They really have no idea what the requirements are.

Pretty simple - you must START with a $5k card or higher.

I had a previous $2500 card that got a cli to $5000 and it was not upgraded.

I called and they said it was not an option.

GL!

Pretty much my experience with the Uber Visa. I called about 4 or 5 different times. Even got a couple of supervisors on the line and they swore up and down there was no VS option available for the card. Clueless. 

After that, I gave up on trying to upgrade the card and on Barclays in general. 

I got $10k SL on Uber Visa, and the most idiotic rep told me to spend $25k to $30k on the card first, and then, they’d consider a review to upgrade my card. 🙄

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

today i noticed my barclay apple card got a cli from $4k to $7k but i guess i would be wasting my time trying to get a signature card

Message 8 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

Pretty much my experience with the Uber Visa. I called about 4 or 5 different times. Even got a couple of supervisors on the line and they swore up and down there was no VS option available for the card. Clueless. 

IMO, once is the most I would bother to call about a Signature "upgrade".   It is of almost no value (or actually no value) so calling 4 or 5 times seems way too much work for potential gain!   Unless you enjoy talking to CSRs that is...

Message 9 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

IMO, once is the most I would bother to call about a Signature "upgrade".   It is of almost no value (or actually no value) so calling 4 or 5 times seems way too much work for potential gain!   Unless you enjoy talking to CSRs that is...

This ^^^^

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.