Did you mean: 

Barclay - Change to Visa Signature?

tag
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay - Change to Visa Signature?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

Pretty much my experience with the Uber Visa. I called about 4 or 5 different times. Even got a couple of supervisors on the line and they swore up and down there was no VS option available for the card. Clueless. 

After that, I gave up on trying to upgrade the card and on Barclays in general. 

IMO, once is the most I would bother to call about a Signature "upgrade".   It is of almost no value (or actually no value) so calling 4 or 5 times seems way too much work for potential gain!   Unless you enjoy talking to CSRs that is...

It depends on what you consider "value." I actually value the travel insurance benefits that come with a Signature card and not with Platinum, particularly trip cancelation or delay. Unfortunately, I've had to use them more than once on other cards and if I can have them for free, then I want them even if I could use any other card with the benefit. 

I also took it as a challenge. I called a few times because I thought that I'd finally get someone who actually knew their own products, but I realized that every rep I got to talk to was more clueless than the last, and that pissed me off more than anything.

Message 11 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

Pretty much my experience with the Uber Visa. I called about 4 or 5 different times. Even got a couple of supervisors on the line and they swore up and down there was no VS option available for the card. Clueless. 

IMO, once is the most I would bother to call about a Signature "upgrade".   It is of almost no value (or actually no value) so calling 4 or 5 times seems way too much work for potential gain!   Unless you enjoy talking to CSRs that is...

It depends on what you consider "value." I actually value the travel insurance benefits that come with a Signature card and not with Platinum, particularly trip cancelation or delay. Unfortunately, I've had to use them more than once on other cards and if I can have them for free, then I want them even if I could use any other card with the benefit. 

I also took it as a challenge. I called a few times because I thought that I'd finally get someone who actually knew their own products, but I realized that every rep I got to talk to was more clueless than the last, and that pissed me off more than anything.

Sure, but that is card dependent these days, as upgrading to Visa Sig doesn't guarantee that those insurances will be on the card.  But from an earlier thread, I guess that they do on the Uber card, so I take it back.  If you want those benefits, it can be worth trying harder.

Message 12 of 15
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

Sure, but that is card dependent these days, as upgrading to Visa Sig doesn't guarantee that those insurances will be on the card.  But from an earlier thread, I guess that they do on the Uber card, so I take it back.  If you want those benefits, it can be worth trying harder.

Yup, you're right. Not every VS card offers those benefits, but back then, I saw someone posting the Uber VS card benefits and travel insurance was included. It's all good, though. Barclays has been a pain to deal with and not just about the VS ordeal, but other stuff too. I'm done trying with them.

Message 13 of 15
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Barclays serves two uses IMO: backup PIN and bonuses/occasional reward promos on spend.

Whether VS/WEMC or not, if I want real benefits on a particular transaction, I'm sure as heck not going to use anything Barclays. Amex, Chase, and Citi collectively have better benefits and a better claims experience. There's just no reason to go with Barclays for anything important.

*I guess BT offers have their place, too.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 14 of 15
Life_take2
Contributor

@JaseT wrote:

Has anybody had any experience with Barclay changing your Visa to a Visa Signature card? I'm not even sure if they issue the Apple Rewards as a Siggy? Thanks in advance for any info!

Short answer: Yes, Barclay will upgrade your account to a VS, but evidently in their own sweet time. Slightly longer answer:

I took out the Apple Rewards card (back in 7-17) and they approved it for 5,300 so I had assumed that it would be a siggy.... wrong-o! I called them back then and asked to be "upgraded" to the siggy card and they said they could not do that as a "requested upgrade". I went on my way and since then they have raised my line to 7,400 and not much else. 

Then in Oct '18, I got the following on my statement and a new shiny card showed up in about a week .Upgrade.JPGUpgrade1.JPG

Gotta love em...

BK7 -9/15 Starting EQ-571 | TU-528 | EX-572 ---> Feb'24- Fico8: EQ-756 | TU-759| EX-751 Fico9: EQ-804 | TU-813 | EX-806

Amazon Store 10,000 * Apple Card-GS 12,000 * Barclay View 11,400 * Citi Costco Visa 8,100 * * Citi BB Visa 10,000 * Discover 8,100 * Discover Miles 14,500 * Eddie Bauer 4,000 * Home Depot 10,000 * HSN 10,000 * Kohls 3,000 * NFCU Flagship 30,000 * NFCU AMEX 25,000 * PenFed Gold 12,500 * Sam's Club MC 15,000 *Wells Fargo Platinum 1,100 * Wells Fargo Autograph 20,000 *
Total CL $204,700
Util% >1% AAOA: 62 Mo

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.