Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Choice Privileges Decline

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Barclay Choice Privileges Decline

Can't believe they are open today but it had already been declined and although he talked to me he didn't see like he was thinking about changing the decision... I applied last week and it went into processing and waited and let it just be processed because some have posted that was better if you are borderline than calling and rushing them but didn't change anything... I figured it was a reach and I had a thread about it and I applied a month earlier than planned but I have to book the hotels soon earlier then planned so had to try or not do it at all.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay Choice Privileges Decline

@Creditaddict wrote:

Can't believe they are open today but it had already been declined and although he talked to me he didn't see like he was thinking about changing the decision... I applied last week and it went into processing and waited and let it just be processed because some have posted that was better if you are borderline than calling and rushing them but didn't change anything... I figured it was a reach and I had a thread about it and I applied a month earlier than planned but I have to book the hotels soon earlier then planned so had to try or not do it at all.

LOL is that directed to me?

Call back again tomorrow and plead.  Tell them you stay at Clarion 2 times per month.  Sometimes 2nd try works.

Message 2 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Haha, I think it was but couldn't remember when posting... I'll try first thing in the morning and try.
I keep offering to split my rewards card limit and they won't... I don't get it!!!
Message 3 of 11
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

I would definitely call and recon again...good luck!
MyFICO Scores : EQ = 791 , TU = 794, EX = 774 as of 06/16
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Congratulations on the denial!

Message 5 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Is this the new way to post a lot is congrats on denials too?
Message 6 of 11
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
Is this the new way to post a lot is congrats on denials too?

Maybe that was an oversight?

Sorry for your decline, it's their LOSS.

Message 7 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

and big fat decline again... she was like your account doesn't "qualify" to move CL.

I was like I don't get that, I already have the credit, it's not more credit.

she was like but it's a new account and you have a lot of new accounts, we want to see history with new accounts.

i said how about closing the rewards and moving the entire cl to this card, then it's just 1 account with you all and the same cl

she said you can close the rewards card if you want but we won't open a new account with you or move cl currently.

makes sense!

Message 8 of 11
tray
Valued Contributor

Sorry about the decline it seems that rep was not to helpful, you have some reps that will go above and beyond to help and some that will not .

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I say call again!!! Remember that op that called back like 40 times and got approved ??? Lmao!! Sorry though for the decline
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.