cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Initial CLI Recon Declined. Recon again?

tag
vpae
Established Contributor

Barclay Initial CLI Recon Declined. Recon again?

I applied for the Barclay Rewards Card last Tue the 25th and was instantly approved for $9.5K.

I called the Backdoor # and tried to Recon the initla CL. They asked a few questions and said I have quite a few accounts opened recently (one was a week ago, the rest were from August 2013). She asked me how much I wanted to BT over to it, I said nothing really, it's mainly to take advantage of the 0% purchase as I have big events coming up and the other cards are currently at 0% already. She placed me on hold and came back and said she couldn't approve me at this time, check back in 6 months.

I got a letter in the mail today that said

We are unable to gran your request for a credit line increase to your account for the following reason(s):

• High Amount of Credit Available From ther Accounts

They looked at TU (same HP from app), score was 778.

Looks like my total CL across all accounts is not sitting well with Barclay. I also opened 2 (with 1 more pending) cards after this one on the same day as a part of a spree. We'll see if they AA me.

Now that I have the letter. Is it worth it to Recon again or just leave it alone? Tell them I want to BT? I suppose I could, it would just cost me a fee to move from a 0% card to another 0% card. Only benefit is that this is for 24 months, the rest are set to expire some time this year/early next year.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay Initial CLI Recon Declined. Recon again?

Not sure, but I'd leave it alone for now.

Based on my limited experience with Barclay:

I think they just want to see use of the card before giving more.

Use it a good deal and try again in 3 months if you dont want to wait the 6. 

You may be able to get something at that point especially if it looks like they will become your primary card.

But, 6 months is typically what they want.

Keep in mind, they will HP when you call in for CLI. And it may not be TU. Could be EX, or EQ or even 2 of them.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.