cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Mastercard was compromised so..........

tag
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Barclay Mastercard was compromised so..........

So I logged into myaccount yesterday and there was a message saying:

Activate your account

To start using your card, please activate your account right away. Activate now.

I been with them for over a year and was puzzled! So I called Barclay and they said they got compromise  and seen unusual activity to my account and sending me a new card with different numbers for precaution purpose bugt can still use my current card until then. So did anyone else get this same message??

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Mastercard was compromised so..........

nope.  I still use my card everyday for dining and travel expenses.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 11
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

I did and I got a new card in the mail about a week later. The old card was still good and I was using it.

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 3 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I have the activate the new card but just thought they will be sending me a new card. My current card expires in May.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 11
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Give_Me_Credit_Please wrote:

Activate your account

To start using your card, please activate your account right away. Activate now.

I been with them for over a year and was puzzled! So I called Barclay and they said they got compromise  and seen unusual activity to my account and sending me a new card with different numbers for precaution purpose bugt can still use my current card until then. So did anyone else get this same message??

This happened to my brother...he was confused at the activate your new account prompt too, especially when his card was working just fine. It wasn't until he got the new card and letter in the mail was he informed of what actually happened!

Message 5 of 11
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Give_Me_Credit_Please wrote:

Activate your account

Yup, I did. Mine happened a couple weeks ago on my Arrival. Called them and was told it was due to Target breach. Got my new card in the mail within a week.

Message 6 of 11
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Ah.. That explains why I didn't get a new activation then.  There are no Target stores where I live. 

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 11
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

Ah.. That explains why I didn't get a new activation then.  There are no Target stores where I live. 

Ayyyy caramba, Dave. No Target? I would die.

Message 8 of 11
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

Ayyyy caramba, Dave. No Target? I would die.

Yeah, I used to shop there all the time when I lived in Alexandria, VA (DC-area).  There are tons of shops and department stores where I live now, but I do miss the big-box stores like Target and Wal-Mart sometimes.  There is an Asda that isn't a very long walk from my home, but it is pretty lame comepared to a Wal-Mart supercenter.  I always go there thinking they will have something and they don't so I need to find a specialty store in town.

At least the stores around here don't get card data compromised like Target did.

Message 9 of 11
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Yes I was very confused and my first thought was......did they PC me for a better card and have to activate it??? LOL

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.