Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay PC - UPDATED - success

tag
gmason
Contributor

Barclay PC - UPDATED - success

I'd like to request a PC from itunes to general rewards, but I already have too many new accounts and don't want any more changes on my CRs.

EDIT: SUCCESS

CSR was unable to help on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I called backdoor analyst number and the analyst transferred me to person who could get it done. Total call took less than 5 minutes.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Does barclay PC cause new account on CR?

Bump
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 9
gmason
Contributor

CSR said that they can't do it (which was expected). I explained that I am unlikely to use the card, but the CSR refused to bump me to anybody else.

But this is not important. I'm not ready to escalate or threaten closure, so this card goes to the sock drawer. I need to feed the newer cards for the rest of the year.

Message 3 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

A product change, if it happens, does not result in a new account.

Message 4 of 9
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Continue calling if you want the PC. Barclays is the bank you need to keep calling until you get the correct person to help you.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 5 of 9
gmason
Contributor

Question: Is it OK to try all of the backdoor numbers? I wasn't sure if I should call an analyst directly for this.

Message 6 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

@b_seeker wrote:

Continue calling if you want the PC. Barclays is the bank you need to keep calling until you get the correct person to help you.

I've found that Barclays' credit analysts are the most consistent of all...

Message 7 of 9
gmason
Contributor

OK. Totally painless switch to general rewards card on 2nd try.

I called the backdoor analyst number. I was immediately transferred to a different department. The person took about 30 seconds to get more info and then switched me to another person. No questions and they said I'll get a new card in 7-10 business days.

This forum is so helpful -- if only I had found it and done my research in January instead of March ...

Thanks all!

Message 8 of 9
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

congrats!

fico 747
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.