Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Recon?

tag
DimitriTodd
Established Member

Barclay Recon?

So I was approved for a Apple Visa about 1.5 weeks ago and then I decided to try for the Travelocity Amex and was approved. Barclay approved my Apple Visa at $2K, but the Travelocity Amex was only approved for $500. I called back to do a recon for CLI to $3K after I recieved the card and was denied. I travel a lot and spend about $3-4K per month in travel expenses. My question is should I call for another recon for them to aleast match my Apple Visa?

Starting Score: EX 514, EQ 555, TU 602
Current Score: EX 575 (Lender Pull), EQ 608 (FICO), TU 660 (FICO)
Goal Score: EX 650, EQ 650, TU 690

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Recon?

you could always ask to have some of the apple credit line reallocated to the travelocity, even a combine and close if you want.

Message 2 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

@DimitriTodd wrote:

So I was approved for a Apple Visa about 1.5 weeks ago and then I decided to try for the Travelocity Amex and was approved. Barclay approved my Apple Visa at $2K, but the Travelocity Amex was only approved for $500. I called back to do a recon for CLI to $3K after I recieved the card and was denied. I travel a lot and spend about $3-4K per month in travel expenses. My question is should I call for another recon for them to aleast match my Apple Visa?

Doesn't hurt to try. Tell them about your travels and what you need. But their answer might be to call back in 6 months for a review.

Congrats on the Apple card too by the way nice CL.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple card's reward is inferior to Travelocity card's. I make the same mistake as I got apple card first then just realizing I should just get travelocity amex.

What's your highest CL showing on credit report right now? You might recon to match that amount with an expense of another HP.

Message 4 of 14
DimitriTodd
Established Member

My highest right now is the Apple Visa at $2K. I have a Cap1($500, 6months) and Orchard ($320, 1+yrs)

Starting Score: EX 514, EQ 555, TU 602
Current Score: EX 575 (Lender Pull), EQ 608 (FICO), TU 660 (FICO)
Goal Score: EX 650, EQ 650, TU 690

Message 5 of 14
PNut08
New Contributor

I have the Barclay apple card, but then also realized that the travelocity card is a better card. So, I app'ed online for the The travelocity card and was denied because I have sufficient credit on my apple card. There was nothing else in the letter at all...no credit bureau info/score or anything. Should I recon and ask them to change my Barclay product over to the travelocity card? I wouldn't mind having both...one for finance deals and the other for every day spending/rewards. Thoughts?

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recon by asking them to reallocate some CL from apple card to the new one. Or even close the apple card to open the new one if neccessary.
Message 7 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

There are two types of Apple card I guess

- Barclay Apple

- Barclay Apple/iTunes

Same requirements to get them?

Message 8 of 14
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

There are two types of Apple card I guess

- Barclay Apple

- Barclay Apple/iTunes

Same requirements to get them?

I'd like to know the same thing but I know one is strictly for Apple purchases and the other is a credit card.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Message 9 of 14
casmith1980
Established Contributor

There are two apple Barclay cards:

Apple visa - for special financing rates
Apple iTunes visa - rewards points for iTunes

They are both visa cards, not store cards.
Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.