Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards vs Boa Cash Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Rewards vs Boa Cash Rewards

I am new to rewards cards and I already knew that Boa doesn't consider and Wholesale Club or Walmart grocery store purchase as a grocery purchase. I assumed it would be the same with my Barclay card until I used it and actually saw double points or maybe just points period. I also heavily use my boa card and have not received a lot of rewards back whereas my barclay card has half the limit and I use it a bit less I have already been able to utilize some on the rewards for a credit. I pay everything in full either before the bill cycle ends or just a few payments a month I am hoping Barclay will match my boa limit or give me more the rewards seem way better. Does anyone prefer their cash rewards from boa over the Barclay Rewards?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Rewards vs Boa Cash Rewards

Don't bother with either one of those. They're subpar at best.

Go for the Sallie Mae MC (also issued by Barclays). It gives you 5% CB on groceries and gas (with a $250 cap per billing period on each category)

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting it seems I'm actually missing out. I'm gardening until Feb I will definitely apply for that card. I probably should have asked which were the best rewards cards out there. I didn't see the sallie mae card on their website.

Message 3 of 5
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Google "sallie mae mastercard" to find the application

Message 4 of 5
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

I have both the Barclays Rewards and BOA 123.   They both have similar rewards programs but for some reason I'm finding both are worthless in comparison to my other cards.  Currently they are my backup cards in case AMEX and Discover are not accepted.   But rewards wise, I don't put much effort to use them.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.