Did you mean: 

Barclay Ring Card?

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Ring Card?

@CS800 wrote:

I was thinking this card:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=1583&cellNumber=8&referrerid=IMOPSGBR1

I have read some good things about this card. I think quite a few members here have one. For me, I just cna't get it to "fit" for a spend plan.

If you remember, I closed my Apple card as well as my iTunes Visa a few months ago. Gave up $5900 in CL.
 I thought the Ring might be good to have, just in case.... I like the 8%.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 11 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I was thinking of PC'ing my Apple card to the Ring sometimes in December. My apple APR is high

I think that is a great idea - will they do a PC you think?

The Apple card is known for its high APR . I'm hitting the 1 year mark with my Apple card in October. My current CL on my Apple card is $10K. I have to call them and see what the deal is.

They might not straight up PC you, but they can probably transfer some of the CL from your apple card into a different one. I've definitely heard of people doing that with them before. 

Message 12 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

Yes I remember you saying that.

The only thing that makes me nervous is to poke Barclays so ask for a PC. This could trigget a CLD on my Apple card who knows.

Message 13 of 17
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

You definitely need to be careful with Barclay's especially if you have alot of INQ's (mainly INQ's 3-6 mos after you just get one of their products) or alot of new accounts. I had the Barclay's reward card (They PC'd me to it after they dropped the Spirit Air card). I called to move CL over to US Airways card, and close the Rewards card ( I didn't have a need for it since I already had Discover, and had just received Dividend, Freedom, and US Bank Cash +). The CSR was more than happy to move the CL over, but did ask me about my numerous new accounts in the past few months, and cautioned me about obtaining any new cards for "a while" (3-6 mos is what he said), because he would hate for me to risk adverse action due to so many new accounts.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 14 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I just recently transfered CL for apple card to rewards world MC and closed out the apple.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
I just recently transfered CL for apple card to rewards world MC and closed out the apple.

Did you do a PC or you applied for teh Rewards car then transferred your CL from your Apple to the rewards?

Message 16 of 17
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Did you do a PC or you applied for teh Rewards car then transferred your CL from your Apple to the rewards?

In general, it is always best to apply for the new card, and then (if deferred/denied), call and ask to transfer the Credit Line from the old card to the new one. If you cancel the old outright, there is no guarantee that you will be approved for the new card.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.