Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Sallie Mae BT Checks?

tag
DFStudent
Valued Member

Barclay Sallie Mae BT Checks?

For the past couple of months, I have been getting snail mail from Barclay Sallie Mae card with balance transfer checks. I must've received 10 letters or so.

Has anyone else gotten these? I don't have any balances to transfer as I PIF, so I'm not sure why they keep sending them. Are they good for anything else?

TIA.

$12,400              $20,000           $10,000             $6,000               $4,700               $5,800            $1,050 (AU)
Suncoast CU VISA - $2500, BOA BBR VISA - $1000 || EX - 778 (12/13), EQ - 764 (12/13), TU - 763 (12/13) || Grad Student
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Sallie Mae BT Checks?

Get them all the time for my arrival card 

If you don't have any balances to transfer right now you can just write a check to yourself to cover any other expenses you may have going on in your life 

Message 2 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

They send them to be all the time too. I'm not sure why, but since I rarely use my Sallie honestly, it is probably because they're trying to get me to use it more.

Message 3 of 10
JSS3
Valued Contributor

BT offers are so crazy.

Banks,like Barclays, waste paper sending checks. They should just leave the option on the account to request them. I realize sometimes it's best to send unsolicited because human nature will have us spending if available. Other times we might not "know" we needed one until it shows up.

It's just crazy because they inundate you one minute and then have no offers available when you ARE looking the next...or they have crappy, regular rate BT offers.

As I proposed, just have a constant 0% APR offer on the account like DISCOVER always does. There is no downside that I can see from doing this. Only the gaining of a 1-3% fee.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got checks from them exactly one time.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had their rewards MC for 18 mos. now.  Low CL of 500 but they just gave me a 4k US Airways card.  They refuse to give me a CLI on the rewards card even after requesting one an giving ermission for a hard pull.  Last billing cycle, I received paper BT checks for the Rewards MC FOR THE FIRST TIME,  Felt like calling them and saying, "Teacher, will this be on the test?"

Message 6 of 10
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Inconcievable!

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Inconcievable!

I don't think that word means what you think it means. Smiley LOL I have received checks before as well. 

Message 8 of 10
knhorn
Contributor

I get them frequently. They always offer the 2% and 3% fee, one with a shorter 0% APR and one with a longer 0% APR.

Message 9 of 10
aav
Established Contributor

I get them all the time. They go from the mailbox to the shredder.
EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.