Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Travelocity Amex CLI question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Travelocity Amex CLI question

Small limit has never been a problem on my other cards because I usually PIF every week.

But when it comes to booking a flight for 5 people which better be finished in one transaction, I just realize

I need much bigger CL on this card than $1000. It's just my thought that if I CLI on my oldest secured TL

from public savings bank to $5000, it might increase my chance of successful CLI on other TLs later on.

So, I decided to put more deposit to increase credit limit. If I wait until around august 4 when $5000 TL updated on my report,

will it actually help increase my chance on travelocity CLI? Any thought? How much should I ask for?

I need $3000-4000 but I'm afraid asking for too much will result in instant denial without counter offer.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Travelocity Amex CLI question

How long have you had this card? Have you ask for any CLI since? I would call up their CSR and chat them up. I would tell them you are looking to take a family vacation and you need to book flight/hotel - package and needed this much $$$$ to book the package. See what they will say. If the CSR insist on a # amount request ($$$) than ask for 3x amount if you want to play it safe. For example, if you have a CL of $1000, I would ask for $4000.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved 10 days ago.

Message 3 of 9
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

IMO,  bigger CL help get bigger CL, so I think it would increase your chances a little.    What is your deposit with Public Savings now?   Would you do this anyway?

I had a Public Savings card for almost 1.5 years.  I found it annoying that they wait 10 weeks after you close,  before they start to processing the refund (another weeK).  Be sure you can tie the money up that long.

I'd call them first.   After all, the purpose of the card is to sell Travelocity stuff.    .  

Message 4 of 9
aftermath
Established Contributor

I just received a CLI on my Barclays US Airways card from $7500 to $12500 and I've only had the card for 3 days.  LOL! Smiley Very Happy

I just told them that I was planning a vacation and wanted to put everything on the card to take advantage of the mileages.

Always re-iterate that you plan to pay in full.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already put $5000 with PSB since barclay credit analyst I talked to commented that having many low limit cards

without any high limit card were the reason he couldn't give me higher than $1000. I just called cap1 to close the card

since it's at $500 limit without reward but with AF. I plan to keep PSB until I were approved for penfed travel amex,

penfed gas reward, amex blue cash preferred, citi forward and nasa FCU 2%. This could take more than 2 years from now.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

aftermath, how is your aaoa and TU when you got CLI?

Message 7 of 9
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I already put $5000 with PSB since barclay credit analyst I talked to commented that having many low limit cards

without any high limit card were the reason he couldn't give me higher than $1000....

Thats why I always recommend starting with secured cards with highest limit you can afford.  It has worked out for me.

You may want to keep that $5K PSB for awhile.  It should help with other CL and apps in the future.

Message 8 of 9
aftermath
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

aftermath, how is your aaoa and TU when you got CLI?

TU FICO is 782. AAoA 6 years.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.