Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Uber Visa - Request CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Uber Visa - Request CLI?

I had the Uber card for nearly a year. Stuck in $500 SL and I have to make weekly payment. 

All of my other cards was $2000+. I tried to use it a lot and wait for an auto CLI. Some users reported here that it eventually happen after 6 months. Not happening...

Any strategy I can use to get a CLI without a HP? I'm sick of making weekly payment. I use the card to dining a lot since I'm single and hate to cook myself.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Uber Visa - Request CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

Any strategy I can use to get a CLI without a HP? I'm sick of making weekly payment. 

I’m not sure if Barclays will do a HP if you manually request a CLI or not. 

I think your strategy is a good one. Using the card responsibly and paying on time, you can never go wrong. 

I think a little more info would help others to better answer your question.

Is there a particular reason you are making weekly payments? Are you PIF weekly? Is utilization high on your acct? Etc...

4% back is tough to beat. I think with any CLI request, you should expect a HP. Fortunately, depending on the profile, a lot of CCC will SP for a CLI request. If you need one badly, call and ask. Not sure if there is a “Luv” button for Barclays or not. If there is, you could go that route as well. 

Good luck to you!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I dine out with my gf and alone, not cooking, so without PIF (or nearly so) weekly I can't use the card at all. I just want enough credit (probably around $1500) to use automatic payment instead and not to worry about running out of credit. 

Utilization is around 32% as of now. I think it's not a big deal. 

I called Barclay twice before and was shot down on CLI SP. It was couple months ago tho. Will try my luck again tomorrow

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Others will offer better insight. In any case, let us know how it works out for you. 🤞 for a SP CLI. Good luck!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had the Uber card for nearly a year. Stuck in $500 SL and I have to make weekly payment. 

All of my other cards was $2000+. I tried to use it a lot and wait for an auto CLI. Some users reported here that it eventually happen after 6 months. Not happening...

Any strategy I can use to get a CLI without a HP? I'm sick of making weekly payment. I use the card to dining a lot since I'm single and hate to cook myself.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Im in the exact same boat. uber card with 500 SL. you can push payment from your bank to get a negative balance and it will auto-refill your account as transaction changes from pending to posted. the great thing about pushing payment from your bank is the payment process speed, it only takes 2 days for payment to get accredited in comparison to if they pull from your account which takes in my case on average 5-10 days. 

I will probably request a CLI once I hit 6 months. its a really good card to use abroad, accepted everywhere without an issue + getting 4x on restaurants with 0 FTF.Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 12
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was in the same situation and decided to just close the card. I dine out frequently and paying it down every time I used the card was getting tiring; luckily savor which I used as a backup became 4% too. Unfortunately if you haven't gotten a CLI from Barclays by now it may take a while if ever. I've seen past DPs that Barclays would do SP cli every 6 months if you called in and asked for available offers but I think they've changed their policy. If your attempt to call in isn't successful then the only options are to:

A)take the hit and get CLI increase via HP

B)apply for a new uber card and merge accounts for a higher CL; again another HP

C)apply for a backup dining card if you don't have one already, if you do try spreading out your dining spend

Sorry I can't be more help hope you get the SP cli.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

User requested CLIs will be a HP. I got tired of waiting also. I would call one last time and ask for an APR reduction. They have been very easy to deal with. After that just ask again for a SP CLI offer. If you are paying weekly because of your lower CL, a HP seems to be worth trying.
Message 7 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

And, just to add to the above comment, a variety of Barclays CLI customer-initiated requests may likely result in 3 HPs, one for each CRA.

Just something to keep in mind OP.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine started at $1000 CL and I tried to request an increase a couple times but was told only with a hard pull.

Then one day I open the Barclays app about 9 months after opening and my cl has been automatically increased to $3000!

Stick with it I think you’ll get an auto CLI at some point soon
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a 2x auto-CLI at 10 months. (https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/I-love-Barclaycard-2x-Auto-CLI/td-p/5404490)

That wasn't a big month spending-wise, though I had about 30 swipes that month, which was higher than average. The bigger change? It was the first time I used the card for a trip. I used it with the airline, for Uber rides, and at restaurants in two cities besides my own.

I don't have enough data for a conclusion, but it seems Barclays likes a traveler.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.