Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay..What a joke

tag
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Barclay..What a joke

They are in the business of playing with peoples credit.I guess my question here would be why open a account when your intentions are to close it as soon as its opened?And i am not really trying to hear that saying that they can do anything they want is their money.Well its our credit and is our life.Its a comon thing now this days with Mr 26% Barclay.I guess i am keeping my 9.99% PenFed card tight and warm. And i guess a little more respect as consumers 

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay..What a joke

LOL at the entitlement.

It's their credit, not yours - they didn't make you apply.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 52
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

So they opened the account and then immediately closed it?  What was the reason for them doing this?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 52
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Oh boy. Not another post on a closer. I just got them in December. Did they give you a reason why?

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 4 of 52
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Unique620 wrote:

Oh boy. Not another post on a closer. I just got them in December. Did they give you a reason why?

Yea looks like another one.  Looks like Barclay's is off to a nasty start 2013.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 5 of 52
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

LOL at the entitlement.

It's their credit, not yours - they didn't make you apply.

+1

Barclay is new account sensative so when you apply, get approved, they wouldnt know if you were going to apply for more credit after them. We make the choice to get new accounts and they have the choice to close any accounts that they lend. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 6 of 52
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Two closed accounts with two different banks. ...hmm...something you're not telling us?

Cuz the whole US bank reason is suspect, but now you got another bank closing your accounts.  

There has to be a reason.  What has changed in your credit profile?  What are the real reasons they are doing this?

I can see one closing, but two closing is either a coincidence or something real causing this to happen to you.

Message 7 of 52
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

Two closed accounts with two different banks. ...hmm...something you're not telling us?

Cuz the whole US bank reason is suspect, but now you got another bank closing your accounts.  

There has to be a reason.  What has changed in your credit profile?  What are the real reasons they are doing this?

I can see one closing, but two closing is either a coincidence or something real causing this to happen to you.

+1

I just seen that other thread about US Bank and there has got to be something else going on.

Message 8 of 52
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Is the same reason because i had opened a autoloan and a credit card from Penfed/9.99% for the credit card and 1.45% for the autoloan

So both accounts from a single inquire.They say that i had 3 inquiries from shoping for autoloan

I know why some one would say inquiries sensitive lender but where is the logic on the fact shoping for a better rate is a bad thing

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 9 of 52
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

no offense but I find it really strange two completely different banks shut you off for an auto loan..your definately either hiding something or something you may not be aware of but there is definately something red flagging the banks

Message 10 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.