Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay..What a joke

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay..What a joke

I did have my oldest account 12 years old that disappear 2 months ago on transunion and trying to get it back

Message 31 of 52
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

ok so at least your being honest..not sure why they would have added you with that and then close you for it so not sure it could have been that...has to be something recent that your probably unaware of. EIther way barclays is probably the worst out of the 5 major prime lenders so dont be too mad.

Yes but OP also posted that his US Bank cc was closed too!  If it was just Barclay's then I would say yea that's just the way the operate, but with two account closures I suspect something else.....just not sure what it is.  Whatever it is it's ON his reports and he doesn't see it.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 32 of 52
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: yesRe: Barclay..What a joke

@Swapmeet wrote:

@daneatreia wrote:

Adding up all the accounts on the bottom of your signature the amounts come up to roughly 42k, Do you make over 100K to support  all the accounts that you have? If you don't then what ever income that you gave them would made them determined that you are high risk, thus closing your account. 

@ Rhaeny: I was using that quote to respond to this one at the bottom of pg 2.

OH...roflmao!!! Okay that explains it because I was scratching my head trying to figure out what was wrong with that...LOL

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 33 of 52
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Sorry about the closures from both banks. I would call US Bank and get a real answer from a high up employee.

I have US Bank and am new to credit.

I am always applying for credit and getting new accounts. I think I have about 20 INQs on one of my reports. US Bank hasn't threatened closure or anything, in fact they keep giving me more credit.

Call them up and ask why, then explain the car shopping. For your hassle, request a CLI and PC to a better product.

Although, if I were an underwriter. I would decline/close accounts just for the first premier on your report.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 34 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thats the thing there is improvement on the credit report not other way around.Sometimes like i said before its just poor underwriting from the lenders part

Message 35 of 52
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@daneatreia wrote:

Adding up all the accounts on the bottom of your signature the amounts come up to roughly 42k, Do you make over 100K to support  all the accounts that you have? If you don't then what ever income that you gave them would made them determined that you are high risk, thus closing your account. 

@ Rhaeny: I was using that quote to respond to this one at the bottom of pg 2.

OH...roflmao!!! Okay that explains it because I was scratching my head trying to figure out what was wrong with that...LOL

Smiley Happy

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 36 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree with you but the first premier is my oldest account and as you know i cant touch it because is the oldest trade line

Message 37 of 52
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Of course Barclays can do whatever they want, but since so many people report this happening, couldn't they send a warning or something with the card? Something that lets the cardholder know that they watch accounts closely for a while for any new accounts. Astritaho1979 says their credit is good, but this seems to usually happen to people who got in with not so great credit. It is understandable why they would be concerned with someone with bad credit continuing to open new accounts.

Message 38 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

When u make 100k you could support at least on monthly payments 4500$ and that equals 200k credit card debt in payments.Thats why i know for a fact that the income is not the issue at this problem

Message 39 of 52
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Although, if I were an underwriter. I would decline/close accounts just for the first premier on your report.

So if someone has thirty years of perfect payment history you would decline them just because of a lender on the report? I never had to get them but two years ago when I had no credit history I was tempted to apply for cards like that. I only decided against it because I found that it was an annual fee of $29, and I do not believe in annual fees. Anyway, everyone that has a card from that kind of lender does not always have it because of bad choices in the past. Many young people just starting out will go to the first card they can get to begin building credit.

Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.