Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay and Apple sitting in a tree...

tag
gabeerwin
Contributor

Barclay and Apple sitting in a tree...

I spoke to a barclay rep regarding their Apple branded (?) card.  I currently have the card and if they are going to lose it I would like some say in how it is converted.  The rep told me that they are not losing the Apple branding and there are no plans to convert any of the cards at this time.

I find that a little hard to believe but I guess it is possible that Apple could have to co-branded cards in the market.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay and Apple sitting in a tree...

The application is still available, so it doesn't surprise me that CSR's have no knowledge of migrations.

Message 2 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As mentioned in other threads, there has been no official announcement from Barclays on divesting or sell off with regard to the Apple Financing portfolio. Numerous rumors have circulated but nothing definitive.

That being said, Goldman Sachs announced their partnership with Apple to launch a new CC product but no official announcement or articles mention anything about acquiring Barclays CCs or the like. So, it appears for now, it's business as usual with the Barclays Apple CC.
Message 3 of 5
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Could also be like citi and Barclays branded AA cards. So Barclays and GS Apple cards not far fetch.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

F.I.C.O.I.N.GSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.