Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay bonus points

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Barclay bonus points

Well, I almost missed this deal, with all the holiday junk mail I've recieved this month.

But, I received an email offer for my Priceline.com card on Dec 20th (and NOT on the Sallie Mae) to sign up for bonus points:

2 bonus points for every $1 spent between Jan 1 - Mar 31, capped at 2500 bonus points, in Grocery Store, Movie Theater, and Utility, Cable/Satellite TV, or Telephone Companies. Bonus points appear 6-8 weeks after promotion ends.

This is a good deal, since I have the version of Priceline.com that gives 2% on everything. And I use this card for my Cable TV and Telephone(DSL). Plus I need a bit more Grocery cash back, since I'm switching to a real healthy diet, which means real expensive food. So getting 2% + 2% on those categories is perfect!

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay bonus points

Nice post! Thanks for the heads up!

I must ask, do you really have William Shatner on your Priceline card? I feel like that would make me laugh every time I used the card. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Well, I almost missed this deal, with all the holiday junk mail I've recieved this month.

But, I received an email offer for my Priceline.com card on Dec 20th (and NOT on the Sallie Mae) to sign up for bonus points:

2 bonus points for every $1 spent between Jan 1 - Mar 31, capped at 2500 bonus points, in Grocery Store, Movie Theater, and Utility, Cable/Satellite TV, or Telephone Companies. Bonus points appear 6-8 weeks after promotion ends.

This is a good deal, since I have the version of Priceline.com that gives 2% on everything. And I use this card for my Cable TV and Telephone(DSL). Plus I need a bit more Grocery cash back, since I'm switching to a real healthy diet, which means real expensive food. So getting 2% + 2% on those categories is perfect!

Well, as I am now doing, get WholeFoods gift cards from Amazon on the SallieMae, 5% off.

I'm not all that impressed with the Barclays offer, only $25 extra.  Which is better than nothing, but only $25 better!

Message 3 of 15
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

I must ask, do you really have William Shatner on your Priceline card? I feel like that would make me laugh every time I used the card. Smiley Tongue

Yes, I actually have William Shattner on my card. I usually don't carry the card, since it is usually for utility payments, etc. But I used it when I had to pay for a new set of glasses, and the optician went ga-ga when he saw the card. Claimed "a friend" of his is really into Star Trek, and that he would have to mention the card to "him"...

Its a pretty kool design, the background has those beams/rays spreading outward, and alternate rays are reflective blue versis non-reflective blue. So it definitely makes an impression.

Total $443,800
Message 4 of 15
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Well, as I am now doing, get WholeFoods gift cards from Amazon on the SallieMae, 5% off.

I'm not all that impressed with the Barclays offer, only $25 extra.  Which is better than nothing, but only $25 better!

Hmm, Whole Foods is a good idea. I've never been in a Whole Foods store, but I just checked and I could get to a Whole Foods by taking a Metro bus for only 5-6 minutes. That is amazingly close by (maybe 1.5 miles or so).

Total $443,800
Message 5 of 15
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

And Barclays has given me my 4th quarter in a row of bonus points. In the first quarter, it was on the Priceline card as stated above. The next 3 quarters I've received bonuses on my Sallie Mae Platinum card.

In the 4th quarter of 2014, I get 2X bonus points on purchases at Gas Stations, Restaurants, Fast Food Restaurants, Department Stores, Toy Stores, Game Stores.

7% Gas Stations

5% Grocery Stores

5% Book Stores/Amazon

3% Restaurants/Fast Food Restaurants

3% Department Stores

3% Toy Stores/Game Stores

Capped at 2500 bonus points, which is $1250 spending.

Total $443,800
Message 6 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

And Barclays has given me my 4th quarter in a row of bonus points. In the first quarter, it was on the Priceline card as stated above. The next 3 quarters I've received bonuses on my Sallie Mae Platinum card.

In the 4th quarter of 2014, I get 2X bonus points on purchases at Gas Stations, Restaurants, Fast Food Restaurants, Department Stores, Toy Stores, Game Stores.

7% Gas Stations

5% Grocery Stores

5% Book Stores/Amazon

3% Department Stores

So nothing on the World one?   My wife got groceries (and other categories) ending today, but nothing on my card

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Yes, I actually have William Shattner on my card. I usually don't carry the card, since it is usually for utility payments, etc. But I used it when I had to pay for a new set of glasses, and the optician went ga-ga when he saw the card. Claimed "a friend" of his is really into Star Trek, and that he would have to mention the card to "him"...

Its a pretty kool design, the background has those beams/rays spreading outward, and alternate rays are reflective blue versis non-reflective blue. So it definitely makes an impression.

now I kinda want that card just for Willam Shatner picture on it, and the new ones don't have his picture Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you guys chosen for these bonus point opportunities? Based on your spending? Are you contacted via e-mail or regular mail?

I wish I would get selected for some special bonus points offer. Maybe in a few months!

Message 9 of 15
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

7% Gas Stations

5% Grocery Stores

5% Book Stores/Amazon

3% Department Stores

So nothing on the World one?   My wife got groceries (and other categories) ending today, but nothing on my card

Nothing on the world. Though I've only had it for 5 months now.

Total $443,800
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.