Did you mean: 

Barclay, chase, gemb. App spree!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay, chase, gemb. App spree!!!

@injustifiiable wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Bama, thx ill call them. Didn't get an Amex though.... No more annual fees for me, so I will not go for a charge card.

You should see if you can get approved for the Zync. It's a charge card but it's AF starts at only $25. Their cheapest offering and your IN with AMEX for the future!

I got offers for zync, gold and green from them in the mail a few months ago. I just don't care for an annual fee and not having a set cl, I'd be sweating every time Id hand that thing over to someone to swipe. The only Amex I really care for is the one Fidelity offers.
Message 11 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
According to usaa ccm. Barclays-tu. chase-exp. gemb-tu. location HI. So, chase extended credit with an outstanding medical collection. Does anyone know when these credit companies do a hp if they get the full report or just a 2 year report like you'd see at usaa ccm?

Huh, you only get 2 years of history on the USAA CMS?  The only thing FICO wise at the 2 year mark in terms of reporting at least, is that inquiries drop off.  I'm stunned you don't get the full report out of USAA... is that really the case?

Lenders absolutely get the full report Smiley Wink.  

Anyway, regarding medical collections, anecdotally it appears as though lenders don't view these as anywhere close to the same degree of negativity as "regular" collections from an underwriting perspective.  The full affect on your score, doesn't appear to be calculated in the internal models many lenders appear to be using to judge creditworthiness beyond all things FICO.

Also regarding the no paragraphs thing, posting from an iPad or other tablet / smart phone devices possibly loses some of the formatting.   

        
Message 12 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

For sure call backdoor number for Lowes now - use the business one if you have to, they transfer to correct place but think actually it's one of the cards that business part can handle and help with personal.. and with lowes it always seems to be identity verify and bam approved!

Also I would suggest calling back door for the Barclay and asking to review for higher limit... They are known for doing this A LOT! and they are only suppose to increase or not offer, they don't take away!

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went ahead and called the backdoor number. Lady was nice enough, she pulled up my file, but told me there was nothing she could do and I needed to wait for the letter to arrive and then take further action. Does this sound like a denial? Number I called 866 519 6441.
Message 14 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Went ahead and called the backdoor number. Lady was nice enough, she pulled up my file, but told me there was nothing she could do and I needed to wait for the letter to arrive and then take further action. Does this sound like a denial? Number I called 866 519 6441.

I would call back, You were given the 7-10 online and you called and asked if they needed more info and stuff and she wouldn't say you were declined just wait for letter?

That is the point to call her!! They do decision instantly over phone and if it's declined by computer you can get a manual review by her... if she is asking any questions or stating denied... I would want another rep to walk through it with me.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I called and said I wanted to know the status of my app, asked if they needed to verify any info. She said she'd look into it to see if there was anything she could do, asked for my SS#, pulled up my file, and said unfortunately there's nothing I can do right now, you'll have to wait for the letter and proceed.... Something along those lines. Does it really matter though? Other than not wanting to wait to find out if I was approved or not? The decision has been made correct? I mean if denied I could always recon, which I've never done.. This was my first time calling a for an app status... Maybe I didn't say the right stuff or wasn't stern enough. Nice lady though.
Message 16 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, I called and said I wanted to know the status of my app, asked if they needed to verify any info. She said she'd look into it to see if there was anything she could do, asked for my SS#, pulled up my file, and said unfortunately there's nothing I can do right now, you'll have to wait for the letter and proceed.... Something along those lines. Does it really matter though? Other than not wanting to wait to find out if I was approved or not? The decision has been made correct? I mean if denied I could always recon, which I've never done.. This was my first time calling a for an app status... Maybe I didn't say the right stuff or wasn't stern enough. Nice lady though.

you should call at least 2 with Barclay for recon.

You don't need the letter if you are aware of what's on your file and have seen it recently... usually if I get one of those wait for the letter, im like why wait, is it blah blah issue or blah blah B? If still denied what would Barclay like to see changed on my report before I apply again? sort of thing like that.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't want to call Barclay. I've read they don't like to see recent inq's. I apped for chase, lowes and Barclay the same day. I'm happy enough with the 1800 form Barclay for now. Ill call them in a year or so if they don't auto cli me. Thanks creditaddict.
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the letter in the mail, approved but need to call in to verify info. 3k cl with lowes gemb.... Yeah!!!! More than I think I'll need from them. Went from a $1000 total loc to $6800 total!!!! All thanks to myfico and the cap one secured card. Woooo!!!!
Message 19 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.