Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay cut my credit line in half.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay cut my credit line in half.

This is what I hate about them so much they don't F with  you a month later after high balances report.  They wait to screw you up to a year later after you pay everything off anyway,  and then when in the clear charge them up again.  I'd almost feel better if they nailed you immediately after a soft pull shows higherutil or a spree;  that would at least make  sense

Message 21 of 22
Sexyblue
Contributor

Re: Barclay cut my credit line in half.

Barclay (Apple Visa) cut my line from $3000 to $1800 after I made a large payment. However, I called in inquired about it and was transferred to the portfolio department. Once there the lady was very nice she asked me about income which, had not changed and then stated that my limit was restored.

I asked her for CLI, that is when I found out that I was speaking to the portfolio department.  She stated that they do not handle CLI’s. That was 2 years ago – they haven’t touched my limit since.

TU 660,EX 679, EQ 673,
DiscoverIT19,500 | Barney's NY,16000 | Jcrew, 8000 | Macy'sRed,12000 | Bloomingdales,9000 | Elan Visa, 5000|
P.C Richards ,4000 | Amazon, 3000 | Barclays, 3000 WalmartMC, 3000 | Target, 3400| Brooks Brothers 1,400
CAP1, 1250 | BOA,1000 | BestBuy, 1000 | American Airlines, 1300|
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.