cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay iTunes CLI

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Barclay iTunes CLI

I got the iTunes rewards card back in 2007 with a 2k CL. My ficos were probably around 640-650 at the time. I carried a balance most of the time. 

I paid my card down to about $1100 in the fall of 2008, and when the market took a dive in October, they slashed my CL to $1350. Its been stuck there ever since. I carried a balance (for some reason I thought that was my way of saying I don't want to use your card lol). I wound up paying it off last year and it went dormant. 

I asked for a CLI or APR deduction in December and was denied. 

So a couple weeks ago I called in and asked again. She said they would pull my credit report, and then told me I'd get a response within 24-48 hours. Well, I never heard or saw anything hit my CR. Finally got "the letter". Bogus Reasons:

Length of time revolving credit lines established (AAoA 6 years on TU)

Collection Balances too high (No collections on TU)

I think they must have reused an old report from a couple years ago haha.

So I called the backdoor number here, and the very nice lady asked some income questions and put me on hold. She asked what I was looking for, and I just stated my two most active cards had 11-15K CLs. 

She came back and she was able to get it increased to 10K and that everything looked good!

Finally some love from Barclay! I read all the success stories on here and was getting upset because I knew I deserved better. The girl on the phone couldn't have been any more pleasant to speak to, and it was less than 5 minutes from "Send" to "End". 

Its nice to not hate your creditors :-) I'm really starting to settle in to my stronger credit profile.

Thanks much to this forum, its a great resource for learning how to maintain a healthy profile. 

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Amex Blue Cash Preferred, Platinum, and Capital One Spark Business.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay iTunes CLI

Congrats on building up your FICO scores and backdooring Barclay's to a nice CL.

Nice work!

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.