Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay is nice :)

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Barclay is nice :)

I called to see what their typical protocol is for balance transfers and to inquire about when would be a good time to request a CLI if I desired to do so.  He actually asked to pull my credit report (credit analyst, not CSR) and I asked him if it would be a soft..he ensured me it was since it was almost like he would be reviewing my account rather than an increase. 

He said I had great payment history with them, and with my other creditors but he would suggest waiting for the 6-8 month mark to request from them.  He was very informative about the BT as well, explained it to me, costs, time frame etc.  I passed at the moment lol but I was shocked at the courteous and friendly service they offered!

So far Barclay and BOA are my favorites! Smiley Very Happy

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay is nice :)

+1

going from capitol one to barclay i felt the same way, they actaully make a point of insuring you feel like a human.

Message 2 of 9
compassion101
Established Contributor

Barclay's sent me a thank you card today for being a customer

Message 3 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Thanks for sharing. Really good to know.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 9
cd2004
Regular Contributor

I just got approved for a card a few days ago and I was extremely impressed with the customer service from a credit analyst also. They are so nice. I am so use to getting incompetent reps from Cap 1, Walmart and HSBC. I also like the reps from Chase too.

Current 3B scores May 2022: EQ: 806 TU: 798 EX: 797
Message 5 of 9
CreditUp2014
Established Member

I spoke with a CA yesterday and was also impressed.  I know there have been some horror stories, but the guy I spoke with was very friendly, complimented my history with them so far and overall was a pleasant conversation.

Message 6 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I have the Barclay's NFL card, I've actually liked the card and the service.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@suckaaa wrote:

I spoke with a CA yesterday and was also impressed.  I know there have been some horror stories, but the guy I spoke with was very friendly, complimented my history with them so far and overall was a pleasant conversation.

They always compliment my history too, I think it's part of their "script."  I agree with what others have said, I def see a change in their tone from even last year.  Now if they would loosen up on the AA....   yeah, wishful thinking.

Message 8 of 9
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Well, my 6 months mark with them is coming up...  we'll see how nice they are! Smiley Tongue  But yeah, they've been very accomodating right from the beginning.  I asked for a CLI right away after I received the card (did it online) and got a phone call from one of their reps within minutes.  He also  complimented me on my excellent credit history (probably reading from a script like everyone said here lol) and told me to give it a few more months.

So 6 months is coming up, I'm just gonna ask for 10k (2 x current CL) since I'm going to do some traveling pretty soon. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.