Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay - limit transfer possible?

tag
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Barclay - limit transfer possible?

Hi folks -

I was wondering if anyone knew offhand whether Barclay allows one to transfer spending limit from one card to another?  (I'm considering transferring from the Ring to the Uber.)

Thanks.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay - limit transfer possible?

I think they generally allow it, though I'm not sure on specific policies regarding how long the card has to be open, minimum limit left behind, etc. But I have definitely heard of them doing it.

Message 2 of 10
SBR249
Established Contributor

I think Barclays will often offer limit reallocation when you call in to recon a low limit or a denial due to max exposure reached. 

According to DoC you should ask for the Credit Analyst department when you call and you can't transfer over all the limit from a card. 

Message 3 of 10
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@expatCanuck wrote:

Hi folks -

I was wondering if anyone knew offhand whether Barclay allows one to transfer spending limit from one card to another?  (I'm considering transferring from the Ring to the Uber.)

Thanks.

They do. I did that with my card.

Message 4 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Yes, they do. I did it recently. Moved limit from Uber to Apple

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 10
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Not only do they allow it, but they're probably the easiest bank to do it with.  You can even transfer the entire limit and cancel the donor if you want.  I did it a few times when I had multiple cards with them and each time it took less than 5 minutes.

Message 6 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@expatCanuck wrote:

Hi folks -

Thanks.

I was able to reallocate and close the donor cards over the phone.   I had a $9K Uber Visa, a $14K Rewards MC, and a $14K CashForward.   I moved the full CLs of the Rewards MC and the CashForward to Uber and now have a $37K Uber.   I'm happy.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 10
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I was able to reallocate and close the donor cards over the phone.   I had a $9K Uber Visa, a $14K Rewards MC, and a $14K CashForward.   I moved the full CLs of the Rewards MC and the CashForward to Uber and now have a $37K Uber.   I'm happy.

Holy Moley that's alot of Uber - you going to take an Uber ride cross country? Smiley Wink

Yeah, super easy to move credit limits around with Barclays, use the Backdoor numbers sticky in the CC Applications forum to call a Credit Analyst.

Message 8 of 10
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Holy Moley that's alot of Uber - you going to take an Uber ride cross country? Smiley Wink

Yeah, super easy to move credit limits around with Barclays, use the Backdoor numbers sticky in the CC Applications forum to call a Credit Analyst.

This negates all the bad stuff Barclays receives on this forum.  Smiley LOL

I always liked my Barclay's card, the customer service, web pages, free fico, etc.

Would get another, if I needed any of there cards.

Message 9 of 10
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Yeah, sounds about right.  I transferred my limit on the bus on my way home from work. Smiley Happy

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.