Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay red aviator advantage card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay red aviator advantage card

I apped for this card and was approved for a 4K limit. I only want the bonus 50k miles after paying the annual fee. Other than the bonus miles it offers, I have no other use for the card since I already have the Citi AA card as well.

With that being said, will it be okay for me to just put my Netflix bill on the card to just keep it active? I hear that barclay AA users a lot and don't want to be a victim if it can be avoided. I also plan on Downgrading the card after my year is up to the white no AF version as I can't justify paying the annual fee more than once for this card.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay red aviator advantage card

You should be fine. Using it to pay your Netflix every month is enough activity to keep the card alive.

I get tons of awesome balance transfer offers on mine. Once you downgrade, you may find those useful also.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Netflix awaySmiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

You mentioned "I also plan on Downgrading the card after my year is up to the white no AF version as I can't justify paying the annual fee more than once for this card."

Is this possible for anyone? I plan on doing the same thing, but like to know what the odds are they may decline a no-AF PC request.

thanks

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was planning on closing mine and moving the CL to my Arrival+ card but may look into a PC this December.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.